Xbox live upgrade offer through MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox live upgrade offer through MS

Just wondered if there were any better offers than this out there? I'm aware that there are a few online sites that offer the 12 month codes for a couple quid less, but I would much rather pay as I use it, rather than all at once.

For those not in the know, it's currently 7.50 for 3 months and I'm assuming it auto-renewals at that price.

If you shop around you can usually find a 12 + 1 (13) month subscription to Live for around £25 or so.

Comment

I've been doing that, but I can't find any.

Most around 27-30 mark, and for that price I'd take the above offer.

Comment

I doubt you'll find anyone undercutting that massively, but I think the downfall may be the presumption that you can renew at that price. They way they're trumpeting it on the dashboard I get the impression it's a one-off. Would make sense to gamble on it though and try, if they do then they do, if they don't then it's off to find the cheapest other option.

http://www.cardscodes.com/ is the new version of the xboxlive76uk site and they're currently doing 12 months cards for £28.

Comment

Rather annoyingly the T&Cs do state that it auto renewals to the standard quarterly price that's going at the time.

Rather annoyingly again, the stupid offer doesn't let you view the T&Cs until you enter your CC details.

Good old M$, when will they ever stop trying to shaft the consumer?

Comment

Kinda surprised that you think that it WOULD renew at the offer price. It's an offer for 3 months after all, not an ongoing deal.

Bloody annoying that you can't add it on as an existing gold subscriber though, I'd like an extra 3 months on the cheap!

:/

Comment

Didn't realise existing Gold members couldn't take advantage of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie View Post
                Kinda surprised that you think that it WOULD renew at the offer price. It's an offer for 3 months after all, not an ongoing deal.

Bloody annoying that you can't add it on as an existing gold subscriber though, I'd like an extra 3 months on the cheap!

:/
                Well, there was no indication that it wouldn't until you gave them your CC details. Besides, surely the company would be realizing sooner or later that people are passing them by for renewing with them in favor of cheaper 3rd party sources?

Or is it too much to hope that they're finally taking some small steps to improving the value for money service, especially when Sony and Nintendo are still offering their online services for gratis.

Comment

I clicked on the 3 month deal and it gave me option to pay with my card, pretty sure you can top it up ontop of a current subscription.
                  As for subs, personally I would happily pay Sony and Nintendo if it meant getting an overall service that was on par with xbox live. ?3 a month is nothing is a live sub.
                  Put ?3 away in a jar every month hey presto 1 year later your new sub can be bought, maybe even have change if you shop around.

Comment

Aye, it gives me the option to pay on card, but whenever I try and actually do that it brings up an "error" message.

Comment

Ah I see, that sucks big time indeed

Comment

oh crap need a 12 -13 month code too mines about to run out.

Comment

Looks like there is a new offer on the Spotlight channel.
                          Renew Your Gold Today, 12 Months for only ?31.99, Just ?2.67 a month.
                          If only it was ?2.67 a month pay as you go, a lot more people would sub.

Comment

Working...
                          X