Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticker residue - how best to shift the bugger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticker residue - how best to shift the bugger?

Anyone got any tips?

Best stuff I've ever used, they sell it for a couple quid a can in wilkinsons. Worked on everything I've tried it with. Small can but I'm on my 2nd now. I heartily recommend it.

Comment

If it's on plastic then any paraffin-based solution (such as white spirits) will shift it in quick time. If it's on wood, cardboard or another material easily damaged, I'd recommend washing up liquid.

Comment

Thanks for that, will see if I can find any in town tomorrow.

Would any old stain remover work, or is there something in this stuff specifically?

Comment

I use CPU & heatsink cleaner as sold in Maplins, it's a citrus based cleaner. Gets the stickers of game cases and cardboard sleeves at treat. I've even used it to clean up the top sheet of my snowboard!

Comment

Combat fire with fire. For game cases, I tap the zone with a ball of Blu-Tack.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              Thanks for that, will see if I can find any in town tomorrow.

Would any old stain remover work, or is there something in this stuff specifically?
              Well its citrus based so I imagine its not as dangerous to use as other more harsh ones.

Comment

Zippo lighter fluid is a good shifter of sticker residue.

Comment

For stubborn stickers, anything ethanol based is really good as it will penetrate the paper, yet any left over liquid will evaporate very quickly. I nick my wife's nail varnish remover.

Comment

Like many in this thread I suspect, I have a real OCD when it comes to stickers on games, CDs and DVDs. My old man is the complete opposite and won't allow me to take any stickers from his stuff, even the crappy bargain bin price stickers from CDs he's bought from Tesco's discount shelf.

Drives me insane, it does .

Comment

I am a sticker hater also. Particularly when companies decide to stick them to the actual cover of a game under the plastic cover!

Comment

The worst are stickers that are not actually stickers, but are part of the printed cover made to look like a sticker.

Major Boo-urns.

Comment

Yes, behold the horror that is the bundled Gears of War cover

Comment

I hate when stickers warp the cases slightly.

But yeah, I remove all of mine. WD40 for residue.

Comment

Isopropyl alcohol. It's cheap (about £3.99 for a big bottle) and very effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X