Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
    Thinking about it, anything you buy in download form you are only renting anyway. If and when PSN shuts down and your PS3 dies then all those games are gone. Discs and cartridges FTW!
    Yeah that's how I looked at it. There's no re-sale value to bought PSN content, so aside from a few exceptions I'm unlikely to be playing PSN purchases much after 12 months anyway.

Comment

Early demos of Pro Evo 2011 (PS3), and God of War Sparta Thingy (PSP) for PSN+ members!

Comment

New sign up offer:

Now, for all those who haven?t signed up to Plus yet, here?s just one more reason! Sign up for a 1 year membership between the 1st September and 5th October and you will get all the great features of Plus AND a copy of the great PS3 game Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty, completely free and yours to keep forever.
        and Octobers content:

PSN: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
        minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
        PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter
        Full Game Trial: Gravity Crash (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Hustle Kings (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
        Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn (inc. free exclusive Home item for Plus members who buy)
        Dynamic themes: Exclusive Move ?Start the Party? theme, Exclusive ?Halloween? theme
        Premium avatars: Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avavtars, SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars
        I hope everyone who has signed up during Aug has enjoyed the continued LBP sign up offer?! If you signed up early in the month (or are in German, Greece or South Africa) and didn't get your copy of LBP in the Plus section straight away, then don't worry, you will be emailed a voucher [...]

Comment

The Halloween theme should be based around this:

Comment

Most of their themes have sucked. Still using the LBP one

Comment

I have the fish tank one at the moment because my daughters like it. The Move one is OK until it starts with the cardboard cut-out crap, and I didn't mind the clock.

LBP is definitely the most well thought out of the dynamic themes though, agreed. So many seem to forget that the XMB needs to remain visible.

Comment

And for a change, European PLUS users get something not available elsewhere.
                PlayStation Plus subscribers can look forward to a further exclusive treat this week, as a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow demo makes its debut on Sony's next-gen console.

Having been confirmed by a representative from Konami, PlayStation 3 owners within Europe can expect to get their first glimpse at the brilliance of Mercury Steam's latest epic, and what is in store for them ahead of its October release.
                No announcements for US PLUS subscribers yet or Xbox users, I'm sure it won't be too long though.

Comment

Open release on the EU PSN next week. Also there's a free Afterburner Climax theme to download today for Plus people.

Comment

Assassins Creed Brotherhood MP demo coming for PSN+ users on 27th of this month. Week before everyone else apparently... so may just be a few of us playing it

Comment

The Assassin's Creed Brotherhood beta is up now and it's a whopping 3054MBs.

Comment

Faaarkin heck. Sure hope thats not an auto download!

Comment

...I'm jealous!

Comment

^^ I don't think I could be any less interested in multi-player AC. :/

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

A bit of an update for the next couple of months.
                              Originally posted by PlayStation Blog
                              Hope you enjoyed September?s PlayStation Plus content. Did you all work your way through all chapters of Sam and Max? And how about the PES 2011 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow demos and the very first PlayStation Plus exclusive beta, Assassin?s Creed: Brotherhood? We?re hoping to bring a lot more of this type of content very soon, so keep your eyes peeled for mid-month updates.

Before I detail the great content available in October and November, I just wanted to let you know about a new sign up offer that many of you have been asking for.

When you sign up for the 365 day subscription on October 6 when the PlayStation Store updates, you get an extra 90 day subscription for free, not to mention all the free games and special offers.

============

October 6th ? November 2nd
                              PSN:
                              Street Fighter 2 HD Remix

minis:
                              Aero Racing
                              Yeti Sports

PSOne Classic:
                              Kula World

Full Game Trial:
                              Ferrari The Race Experience
                              Tomb Raider Underworld

Exclusive Discounts:
                              Burn Zombie Burn ? 50% discount
                              Trine ? 50% discount
                              Alien Breed Impact ? 20% discount
                              Gravity Crash ? 50% discount
                              Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbags ? 20% ? day 1 discount
                              Shatter soundtrack and Dynamic Theme ? 50% discount

Dynamic Themes:
                              Exclusive Move ?Start the Party? theme
                              Exclusive ?Halloween? theme

Premium Avatars:
                              Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avatars
                              SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars
                              Exclusive Plus Halloween avatars
                              Burn Zombie Burn PlayStation Home item
                              As before, you can rest assured that this is just the beginning; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming in October and November.
                              And here is what you can expect to see from the 3rd November ? 30th

============

November:
                              PSN:
                              Critter Crunch

minis:
                              Bloons
                              Vempire

PSOne Classic:
                              Syphon Filter

Full Game Trial:
                              To be confirmed

Exclusive Discounts:
                              Penny Arcade Parts 1 and 2 (buy one, get one free)
                              Death Track (with Anarchy Racing bundled in free)
                              Punisher: No Mercy (50%)
                              Landit Bandit ? 50% discount

Dynamic Themes:
                              Exclusive MUBI Theme
                              Exclusive Shapes Theme

Premium Avatars:
                              To be confirmed

============

As you can see, the November list isn?t quite complete because we are working on a couple of surprises that we hope to be able to announce this time next month. Keep your suggestions coming in ? we are listening and we always do what we can.

Comment

There's a Shatter dynamic theme?

Critter Crunch is awesome though, nice that more people will get to play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X