No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 months free is good for new adopters, shame i jumped in head first as usual.

Next 2 months are pretty lame too.

Comment

The main thing is that they're giving Kula World away next month and nobody should be without that game!

Comment

I agree there but at the end of the sub do we keep anything?

Comment

You do get to keep some stuff. Anything you buy that's discounted for example is yours to keep - the only things you lose are the 100% free games (Including Classics/minis etc.), but as you say it's a subscription so it's not surprising.

If they keep the content rolling out as it is I honestly don't see a reason not to renew each year. In fact the only problem this causes for me personally is that I'm now MUCH less likely to buy games from the PSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
            You do get to keep some stuff. Anything you buy that's discounted for example is yours to keep - the only things you lose are the 100% free games (Including Classics/minis etc.), but as you say it's a subscription so it's not surprising.

If they keep the content rolling out as it is I honestly don't see a reason not to renew each year. In fact the only problem this causes for me personally is that I'm now MUCH less likely to buy games from the PSN.
            Yeah I used to splash the cash before I joined, now my spending has virtually come to a stop as I wait for stuff to come onto plus.

Comment

Details on the Killzone 3 Beta have just been released and it's subscribers only.
              Originally posted by PlayStation Blog
              Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on the 25th of October and access is limited, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:

Step 1: Be(come) a Plus subscriber
              With the exception of a handful of key media partners, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!

Step 2: Download the theme
              On October 13th an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will hit the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. Only the first 10,000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to download this theme will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.

Step 3: Check your email
              If you’re among the first 10,000 to download the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on October 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions. The email will be sent to the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID, so make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCEE.

Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we’re counting on you to help us improve Killzone 3! In return you’ll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new ‘Operations’ game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.
              Used my first full game trial thing yesterday with Ferrari: The Race Experience and it was something I was thinking about buying so the trial worked really well for me.

You do essentially get the full game and you apparently get unlimited access for an hour, I say apparently as I played it for close to 3 hours before I lost access.

You keep your game save and you can unlock trophies as you're playing the trial but they stay in those bubble type things that newly downloaded games are in and although you've unlocked them they don't get added to your level score.

Once I'd decided I wanted it I paid for it and the game just continued as normal.

I didn't think the service was something I'd ever use and I can't imagine myself using it often but it really worked well for this game.

Comment

Kula World, the only game I've ever played where the demo was actually better.

The release was still brilliant, but the demo looked better.

Never completed this, will have a good go at it this time.

Comment

Hmm I would have been quite happy with those extra 3 months, if I didn't jump in already.

Oh well.

How do the freebie minis and classics work that have been transferred to a psp, for example if I wasnt to renew my plus.

I understand how it can be controlled on the ps3, but how does it work on the handheld?

Comment

I think you would still have an expiry. You should be able to check the information for the launcher.

Comment

Signed up for 15 months to the US PSN Plus, downer is there's still little chance of getting into KZ3 but the up is getting straight into Assassins Creeds beta

Comment

Yeah you are right 45, didn't even think to check.

Comment

JPN service is offering Warhawk, TR:GOL, Flowery, Go! Sports Skydiving, and Pitoyama this month. You can also get Ore No Ryouri for 400 Yen. Best month so far methinks.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Dar, can you sign up to the Jpn service with a PSN card? I have a Japanese account....

Comment

As long as you have sufficient credit in your account you can sign up.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks Dar

Comment

Working...
                                X