No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 20Gb launch unit that's always full with hardly anything on it.

How do I upgrade my hard drive?

Is it complex?

Will I lose backwards-compatibility?

Once they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in to stop it being damaged?

Comment

Got a 320GB in the living room that's pretty much full and a 500GB upstairs that's getting there

Could only put hit man on one of them and it took a day to download

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        ...and Ni no Kuni is now ?20 in the latest sale.
        Even better, only ?17:99 on Plus. I've been waiting since launch for this but it's still just under ?35 in most places online, mad!

Comment

Ico & SotC HD, Demon's Souls and Kingdoms of Amalur are free on PS Plus in June.

I desperately need a bigger HDD. Can anyone recommend me an affordable whopper. Also, if I do change HDDs, will I lose any content in the process?

Comment

You can create backup to external USB disk and then replace HD and then restore from backup on new disk. I've done it a couple of times and not lost anything that I can remember. Changing to a new PS3 however is a whole other ball ache

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
              You can create backup to external USB disk and then replace HD and then restore from backup on new disk. I've done it a couple of times and not lost anything that I can remember. Changing to a new PS3 however is a whole other ball ache
              Ah cool.

Now to find a big cheap and sturdy HDD. It's one of those items that you need, but I find boring to spend money on

Comment

What's the required criteria for a PS3 HDD? Presumably physical size (2.5?), but anything other than that? If anyone has tutorials on the end-to-end process that'd be grand.

Comment

Any 2.5" SATA drive will work. Ebuyer and Dabs have good prices on them.

Comment

June update confirmed

Leaving PS Plus in June:
                    29th May: Hitman Absolution
                    29th May: Joe Danger 2
                    29th May: Dead or Alive 5
                    5th June: Sine Mora
                    12th June: Velocity Ultra

Entering PS Plus in June:
                    29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
                    29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
                    29th May: Demon’s Souls
                    5th June: Rayman Origins
                    5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Comment

Is there a limit to the size and speed of HDD I can put into my PS3?

Comment

I think there's a limit to how much advantage of it it'll take. I've got a 700+ gig one in mine but it's still only 5400rpm I think.

Comment

I don't think it's worth spending more to buy one faster than 5400rpm. Some people use SSDs, which I'm sure has a performance advantage, but not enough for me to justify the dramatically increased prices lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            What's the required criteria for a PS3 HDD? Presumably physical size (2.5?), but anything other than that? If anyone has tutorials on the end-to-end process that'd be grand.

this is what's in mine its spot on

Comment

Would any of these be OK?

Comment

Only this QC, Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 2.5"/9.5mm Laptop SATA Hard Drive, has to be 2.5 laptop HDD. ETC is a good bargain for a 1TB HDD QC,

Comment

Working...
                                X