No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, nice! Been meaning to pick this up, but now I don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
      Woah, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, nice! Been meaning to pick this up, but now I don't have to.
      Yeah same, I almost bought it the other day. Pleased to see it's there

Comment

Def pleased about Xcom, they'd hinted before about it so I'd held off

Comment

Never played x com so I'll download that but chuffed with uncharted 3 to play again especially after just buying uncharted 2 to replay.Mind you they can be put on hold until I finish The last of us

Comment

Glad I've got uncharted 3

48gig - I struggle with games around the 12-15gig size

Comment

You need double that simply to be able to download if don't you?
              Last edited by EvilBoris; 08-06-2013, 16:25.

Comment

I think normally when they say 48gb, the total file size would actually be 24gb & this allows for a further 24gb of space to install it, or at least I think that's how it worked when I bought Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time from the store. Iirc the download said 21gb but the files totalled about 10.5 and in actual fact it turned out to be less than that as there were 3 or 4 different language packs and I only needed the one.

Comment

Well if I'm Struggling with 15gig which is only 7.5gig (mass effect and hitman) I'm still not going to even attempt to download it, will start and cancel it so its on my DL list

Another question for the guys In the know

When I download Mini's and PSone games there is a capsule on the main screen

I use that to extract the game and then It goes Into the relevant folder, once this is done can I delete the capsule and just keep the extracted game in my folder
                  Last edited by buster_broon; 09-06-2013, 01:08.

Comment

Yeah you can do that. It's weird, some of the downloads delete themselves once you've installed them but not all of them.

Comment

well at some point will get a new hardrive to replace my current 60 gig one filled it very very quickly and always having to delete stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
                        I think normally when they say 48gb, the total file size would actually be 24gb & this allows for a further 24gb of space to install it, or at least I think that's how it worked when I bought Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time from the store. Iirc the download said 21gb but the files totalled about 10.5 and in actual fact it turned out to be less than that as there were 3 or 4 different language packs and I only needed the one.
                        Uncharted is 48gb on disc amd then the digital deluxe version has another 35gb of DLC on top

Comment

Unless I'm being silly and old the games I've downloaded are showing the size that they are

Mass effect is 14gig, Catherine is 9.5gig (version 1)

Unless you mean you need for example 28gig free hard drive space to download mass effect so it can go on the desktop before its extracted

So with uncharted with all DLC as stated above you would need 166gig just to make sure it would extract with enough room

Comment

Yeah that's right, you need the space for the download and the space to install it.

Once it installs it deletes the install file.

Comment

Not convinced it's worth the price myself but there's a new Plus deal for Music Unlimited where the price drops to ?41.99/AU$50.39/NZ$58.79/?41.99 per year or ?3.50/AU$4.20/NZ$5/?3.50 per month.

Not sure what the service is like or even what the normal price is but it may be of use to some people.

Comment

I got it when it was ?10 or ?12 for the year.

It's been stable for a couple of months now but initially it was utterly useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X