No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a month to see what it's like. Downloading SFxT for now, queueing up the rest.

I want to get Uncharted 3 single player but I won't play it yet as I'm still beavering away at the first one. I highly doubt I'll get to play it this year.

If I 'buy' it on PS+ before it expires, do I need to have downloaded the entire game first or can I add it to the cart, start downloading, cancel and then download it at a later date?

It's not on JP's list posted a few pages back so I guess it's not a concern right now but I'm curious...

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Throughout the year they cycle back, so some of them may show up again
      Have been a member since it launched and I don't recall anything ever being recycled. Titles that have previously been 'free' often are still discounted (for new members) further down the line however.

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
      If I 'buy' it on PS+ before it expires, do I need to have downloaded the entire game first or can I add it to the cart, start downloading, cancel and then download it at a later date
      This is one of the best Plus features. Simply 'purchase' the content and don't download it. It will remain in your purchase history to download at a later date, so long as you're still subscribed. I told my brother to do this with all the Vita titles that have been available for the last year, even though he doesn't have the console. For Christmas this year, I convinced my mum & sister to split the cost of a Vita with me for him (so he can use PS4 remote play mainly) and when he opens it on Xmas day he'll have access to 20+ games.... mind you, he's going to have to shell out for another memory card as the 8gb we've got him won't go far.

:edit: perhaps I misunderstood. If your intention is to let your PSN+ membership expire everything that you've downloaded for free from the service will no longer work until you re-subscribe. As soon as you do, whether that's in 6 months time or a year later, it'll all be reactivated. Titles purchased with Plus discount are yours forever though.
      Last edited by Mr M0by; 21-10-2013, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
        I want to get Uncharted 3 single player but I won't play it yet as I'm still beavering away at the first one. I highly doubt I'll get to play it this year.

If I 'buy' it on PS+ before it expires, do I need to have downloaded the entire game first or can I add it to the cart, start downloading, cancel and then download it at a later date?

It's not on JP's list posted a few pages back so I guess it's not a concern right now but I'm curious...
        You don't have to download it, it's enough if you do like you said in your post. "Buy" it and you can download it later when you want, as long as you have PS+ of course.

Comment

Do as JP said start the download, then cancel it, and it will be in your download list for as long as you have PS+.

Comment

If you grab the PSN+ content via the store website, you can choose to send the downloads to your console or not and will be added to your download history in either case.

Comment

Cheers, guys.

I chose some stuff this morning and noticed they activated before downloading and have been added to the history.

@Mr M0by: you didn't misunderstand, that's basically what I was asking. I also picked the Vita games - gravity rush and katamari - in case I get a vita in the future.

Comment

Hmm wasn't Sleeping Dogs offered on PSPlus earlier this year? I seem to recall adding it to my purchases but never downloading it. I've been really wanting to replay it and today I checked and its not in my download list...

Comment

Yeah, I think Sleeping Dogs was free with Plus earlier, I'll check if I can DL it.

Edit: It was on Plus in February and I have it in my list and could download it. I'm on the Finnish/Euro PSN though if that makes any difference.
                  Last edited by Guts; 04-11-2013, 08:17.

Comment

Weird. I maybe just overlooked it and didn't "purchase" it... AHHH I feel dirty...

Comment

Leaving (27th November)
                      • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
                      • Jak and Daxter Trilogy
                      • MotorStorm RC
                      • Oddworld Strangers Wrath

New
                      • 27th November: Grid 2 (PS3)
                      • 27th November: Guacamelee! (PS3 & PS Vita)
                      • 27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
                      • 27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (PSP & PS Vita)
                      • 29th November: RESOGUN (PS4)
                      • 29th November: Contrast (PS4)

Comment

Guacamelee! is ace some areas are a real challenge for the thumbs too, its like a metroidvania (yeah i know some hate that term but oh well) with beat-em-up elements. Lots of nods to popular culture and videogames. its set in mexico with mask wearing wrestlers and enemys from Los Dias de los Muertos mythology, what more could you want.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 13-11-2013, 14:55.

Comment

Sonic racing on Vita! Star fruit!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Guacamelee! is ace some areas are a real challenge for the thumbs too, its like a metroidvania (yeah i know some hate that term but oh well) with beat-em-up elements. Lots of nods to popular culture and videogames and its set in mexico and mask wearing wrestlers and enemys from Los Dias de los Muertos mythology what more could you want.
                            I wasn't too enthusiastic about this new bunch of games, but that does make Guacamelee! sound quite interesting and worth trying out.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              Sonic racing on Vita! Star fruit!
                              Got the PS3 version so I'm happy to be getting this too. Shame there's no CrossSave though.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                                I wasn't too enthusiastic about this new bunch of games, but that does make Guacamelee! sound quite interesting and worth trying out.
                                I can back him on that. It's not at all my kind of game but that didn't bother me at all, game is pretty much perfect in my eyes. Sat down with it whatever chance I got and it's the first time I really used the cross save feature playing it on whichever console was available at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X