X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jurassic View Post
    Did anyone go for this in the end?
    Just gone for it now.

Had no interest in it at all but looking at what you get in the first two months means I'll be able to sell my blu-ray versions of Wipeout HD & LittleBigPlanet to go towards it.

I know that we're going to have some of the future stuff anyway but again, if it's disc based we can trade it in.

Not sure if we'll continue after the first year though, Sony seem to be suggesting that there will be extra stuff added over time. I know the standard service isn't going to lose anything but in the future it really depends on the differences between the two versions.

Not bothered about the free dynamic themes and avatars but the four free games you get each month will probably get used.

Wouldn't be too surprised if we bought it, got until the 3rd of July to get LittleBigPlanet free so I can't wait too long before deciding.

I really don't like the big golden cross that it puts next to people's tags though, hopefully there's an option to remove those.

Comment

I might go for the JPN version. It seems to have better freebies than the UK one. haven't looked at the USA one yet.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As someone who only just (re)bought a PS3, all of the stuff on offer is new to me (even LBP)... I am still undecided though!

Is the free LBP the Game of the Year edition?

Comment

I feel the structure isn't right. The discounts, themes, avatars and free DLC, Beta signups are good. They can be rewarding if you are a regular or above PSN spender.

But the free PSN games (outside of the LBP bonus) are never really yours to keep. And then, who hasn't got Wipeout HD, LBP already? Who wants Destruction Derby PSX? I saw that in America, the full game trial is InFamous... really, just pick it up for a tenner. Same goes for LBP, just buy the GOTY.

As with the Go, THEY decide what YOU will get. So its a big fat gamble. You don't know what you'll get for hard earned your money. They should've let you pick your own content (like, 2 free games a month, some DLC.. etc). Ofcourse everyone would be picking FFIX in that case, but so be it. And it might even be so that Sony won't include third party stuff into the deal... everything they offer right now is 1st party iirc. So beware.

Comment

I think if your new to PS3/PSN it will basically pay for itself.
            Wipeout HD is a fantastic game, stand alone PSN version costs ?13.99 also if you have a PSP as well free minis are good offer too. Only reason I am not subbing is I have already been a big content buyer on PSN, If I haven't already bought it, pretty much means I didn't or don't actually want it.
            So paying ?39.99 for some stuff I may not already own just isn't appealing for me.
            I will budget ?39.99 for PS+ content, every month I will have a look at it and anything I buy I will take it off the ?39.99. If after a year I have spent more than ?39.99 on content I actually want, I will sub

Comment

This is great for newcomers, but I already have the free PSN games. Now if you could choose from a different list of ten each month...

Comment

It is going to be a different selection each month.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                  And then, who hasn't got Wipeout HD, LBP already? Who wants Destruction Derby PSX?
                  Me to all of those. I actually bought DD PSX when I had a PS3 previously

Comment

Its still better than Live gold by the way. Live Gold adds earier demos and online play, and thats pretty much it. Online play isn't luxury, but a requirement for like 90% of todays games so I call rip off.

PS+ just expands, its not required at all. But if we could choose our own content, I would've subscribed... probably.

But... Warhawk and Killzone content... are those games still that hot and active today?
                    Last edited by saturn-gamer; 30-06-2010, 14:45.

Comment

I dont know about that, gold members get things like PB winterbottom half price in deals, and the like so its comparable, i know microsoft have only recently added these deals for golds but it makes me feel happier to pay for gold, when an arcade title i want is halved in price

Comment

Seriously this is a massive rip-off. PSN already has loads of discounts each month anyway. Their opening line-up ought to be something a bit special and it really isn't. No on should be paying them money to rent games.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                          But... Warhawk and Killzone content... are those games still that hot and active today?
                          This question pops up from time to time. Warhawk apparently is still well populated, same for Killzone 2 I think.

Comment

Hulu Plus, a service revealed yesterday which gives users access to HD videos of some of the most popular shows on TV, will seemingly require PlayStation Plus if you are even contemplating on getting the video service.

Not relevant to us, but it looks as though the Hulu service announced in the US requires PlayStation Plus. Which seems silly, frankly. For Hulu anyway, I would think they'd want as many people as possible to be able to access the service.

Comment

I'm intrigued by this but will wait until a month when the PSN games are not ones I already own before subscribing.

Comment

I inexplicably keep deciding to buy it, before coming to my senses and realising that in the short term at least there's not much there for me. Although the DD version of LBP is tempting I have to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X