No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be tempting, but I assume if you stop subscribing to PSN+ you can't play your LBP?

Comment

what happened to the ps3 insurance that was mooted for this, also if your ps3 breaks do you think they would be more *generous* about fixing it if you were a plus member. Does anyone have a link of what the freebies are?

Comment

I asked this question and no-one has got back to me yet - say I don't subscribe for a few months, when I do so, will I have access to all the previous month freebies? I'd like the KZ2 maps for example, but as I already own LBP and WipeOut, I'd prefer to wait a few months before paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I asked this question and no-one has got back to me yet - say I don't subscribe for a few months, when I do so, will I have access to all the previous month freebies? I'd like the KZ2 maps for example, but as I already own LBP and WipeOut, I'd prefer to wait a few months before paying.
          I'm guessing it will be added to the list, but certain content i.e. full games has a limit of 2 downloads per month.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            I'm guessing it will be added to the list, but certain content i.e. full games has a limit of 2 downloads per month.
            OK cool man

Comment

As long as you were a member for the month the item was available and have added it to your download queue you'll have no problems. You can't download items from when you weren't a member though.

The stuff that is up now will be up until the end of 3rd Aug when it'll be replaced by the new content.

Anyway, we've actually signed up now and downloaded everything apart from LBP & Wipeout as we still have the disc versions. I started downloading them to add them to my previously downloaded stuff for when I get rid of the blu-ray versions.

Somebody asked before about which version of LBP it was, it looks like it's not the Game of The Year edition from looking at the logo.

Comment

Oh OK.

I may get it. £40 right? So for effectively £3 this month I'd get the KZ2 maps I always meant to buy just to look at the graphics, lol.

I can apprecaite some people not liking this scheme, but it does scream Value to me. Even if you don't get titles you want every month, cumulatively it should be very attractive over the course of the year, plus it may get me playing a game I'd otherwise have avoided.

On the flipside, it means I'll likely shy away from new PSN releases if they start appearing on Plus within say 8 months. And I've only just bough Hamsterball and Joe Danger....

I'll keep my eyes open for a couple of cheap £20 PSN cards. And a larger hard drive....

Hoping MS will start giving subscribers some content now....

Comment

Yeah, so for ?11 or whatever it costs, you'll get three months and all the offers apart from LBP as that is bonus for signing up for a year by the end of 3rd August.

I think it's OK to be honest, I was really optimistic about the Minis when they first started and bought a few but I haven't for ages so I've spent about an hour on the two free Minis and it's going to be nice to a couple every month.

Don't really have any interest in the avatars and dynamic themes but we got a couple of Fat Princess avatars free and if there's young people in the house things like that can be a bit of a bonus.

I know the standard service will carry without losing anything but it's going to be interesting to see how much of a divide there is between the two of them as I can imagine Sony will be wanting to push this version quite hard. I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the major additions being exclusive to this in the future.

I can't imagine there'll be much chance of recent games being discounted on the service as I'd imagine they'd rather wait until sales were slow much as they do with discounts now.

It'll also be quite nice to get early access to demos for games like GT5, inFamous 2, LBP 2, etc.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to work out a way to remove that golden cross thing from my profile now which I imagine is a bit like sitting in class with a dunce hat on.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    That would be tempting, but I assume if you stop subscribing to PSN+ you can't play your LBP?
                    LBP is 100% free, that will remain even if you cancel. Time limited offer that one though, it expires on July 3rd!

Comment

How big is the LBP download?
                      I'm sure sony said when it was released that it was too big for a download release and it could only fit on a blu-ray. I guess that was bollocks then unless its a 50gb download.

Comment

My PSN cards arrived today so I've signed up for the year tonight, came to about ?33. For me it seems like a great deal as I've literally bought no content of the PSN store bar Flower, so I'll be getting new stuff each month for ?2.75. Downloaded Wipeout and its fantastic, so I'm chuffed so far.

I can see how folk would be put off going for it though. If you've already bought a lot of PSN content you're taking a massive gamble for 40 notes and you probably won't get as much value as someone who hasn't bought anything. I think that?s a little unfair but it seems Sony must be aiming the service at people like me who've been interested in PSN games but just haven't taken the plunge.

The automatic download stuff is hidden away in the system settings. I was hoping you could specify what content you wanted to download, as I'm not interested in the push demos but it seems as though its all or nothing from the brief look I had.

Comment

Hopefully that'll change, or it's intelligent enough to work out that you might not want a demo. I have save data for MNR/Infamous etc. so it really shouldn't pull down demos for those.

Comment

Question to PS+ users, do you have to be online to play your content? Like if I can sign into my username but not be signed in/online do the PS+ games still work.

Comment

I can't get to my PS3 at the moment...

Am I right in thinking you can do this quartely for £11 then (but no LBP?)

Can anyone please give me a concise paragraph on plus. (please)

Comment

LBP is 1 year sub incentive only and a 90 day sub cost ?11.99.

Comment

Working...
                                X