No announcement yet.

FIFA 11 Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and that is the reason I wont be chasing around for a cheap copy. If it costs me £40, I will pay it. I probably owe Konami and now EA fortunes over the years for wear and tear of their football games!
    People who say 'why buy a football game every year?' just have no idea what it is about.

Comment

IGN UK review is up. Have to say I've enjoyed both demos this weekend enough to convince me I need both this and PES...

Not sure which I prefer based on the short demo exposure but I agree with people here, you need to invest a good few weeks into football games before tactics, faults and other nuances begin to surface properly.

Comment

any news on super market under £30 deals this year

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
          any news on super market under ?30 deals this year
          Only rumours. Doubt it will be announced til thursday.

Comment

ok thanks
            last year i paid £35 and got it a day early only to find out the next day it was £25.this time im holding off i hope those price leaks start coming in soon
            pes 11 full version is fantastic so im in no rush this time fifa has it all to do to win me over

Comment

Apparently it'll be £24 if you spend £30 or more on other shopping in Sainsburys...

I'll be waiting till Friday to do my weekly shop then this week

Neil

Comment

According to Asda's website it is £29.97 - I'm more than happy with this. Though I could probably spend £30 at Sainsburys easily enough...do you think you could spend it on anything instore?? I need a new 360 pad.

Comment

Good luck at Sainsburys then, sounds like a mad rush will happen.

Just got mine from Shopto anyway.

Laughed a bit when I saw Rooney was on the front cover. There is a license worth savouring, no goals and a bit of prositute shagging to boot. *

* I know very little about football, only what I overhear in the office.

Comment

Game: FIFA 11 Developer: EA Canada Publisher: EA Available On: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC (Reviewed on Xbox 360) It’s that time again folks, FIFA is 11 (according to the adverts) and with the new year comes new features, new concerns, new hopes and yet another chance for EA to get the online modes […]

Hope it's cool to pimp my own review!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                      http://www.godisageek.com/2010/09/fifa-11-review/

Hope it's cool to pimp my own review!
                      Nice review. When you say you can record your own chants - how does this actually work? Is it in game or do you need them on your xbox hdd? And if i recorded just me shouting some abuse down a mic does it apply some sort of crowd filter to it or would you just hear me shouting??!?

Comment

It applies a crowd filter. Imagine there are 5 "crowd" sound files all playing at once to create an atmosphere, it alters just one. So (for example) amongst the crowd you'll hear a song (via playlist) playing in amongst the crowd.

Comment

It applies a crowd filter. Imagine there are 5 "crowd" sound files all playing at once to create an atmosphere, it alters just one. So (for example) amongst the crowd you'll hear a song (via playlist) playing in amongst the crowd.
                          So it wont sound too out of place to have my Virtual Pro's name being sung from the terraces?

Comment

Nope, the audio mixing is done really well.

I had "Get Back" playing (just cos I was testing things out) and it sounded great. Made the game feel slightly American-Sports-Esque though having music playing throughout the game.

Once I'd changed it from default to my own playlists though I noticed ever such a slight delay after key events in the match, but there's already a title updated so it may have fixed it.

Comment

Nope, the audio mixing is done really well.

I had "Get Back" playing (just cos I was testing things out) and it sounded great. Made the game feel slightly American-Sports-Esque though having music playing throughout the game.

Once I'd changed it from default to my own playlists though I noticed ever such a slight delay after key events in the match, but there's already a title updated so it may have fixed it.
                              Cool, cheers for the info. I saw some other site mentioned that you get in-game updates on other matches being played (this was also in FIFA:WC), how often does this happen? Or is it just half-time scores? The only time i can think of it happening in real life is mostly on the last day of the season...

Comment

Happens randomly during matches, as though it were real life. Usually no more than a one or two per half though.

Comment

Working...
                                X