Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Dust

New game from the Creator of Another World, Eric Chahi

Oh man, looks great. Has Eric Chahi been involved with anything else since Another World?

Comment

Heart of Darkness on the PS1

This new one is supposed to be a bit like Populous, I think. Definitely interested in seeing more

Comment

I was trying to work out what the game would be and some kind of world forming thing is that only thing that sprung to mind from that trailer. Interested to see/hear more - the more unusual bits and pieces are usually my favourite announcements at E3.

Comment

Aaah Heart of Darkness. A game that had 3d specs, definetly a game ahead of its time.
          Wasn't a big fan of that game myself.

I liked the last Populous game that came out, thought it was great. I can certainly see the similarities.

Comment

Ubisoft has announced a "spiritual heir to Populous" codenamed Project Dust at E3, helmed by Another World--known as 'Out of This World' in North America--creator Eric Chahi.

Project Dust will grant players the power to dynamically alter a simulated world to "help their people resist, expand and migrate so they can accomplish their quest to find a safe place," says Chahi.

"Players will be able to manipulate ground, water, vegetation, lava as if playing sandcastles on the beach," he explains. "Breaching a lake open, digging craters, flooding valleys... And all this is simulation, not just graphics visualization."
            Sounds good. Wonder how they'll handle the controls on console (Move/Kinect)?

Comment

Looks like updated populous, no bad thing.

Comment

Renamed From Dust and gets a tech demo trailer

Comment

that's possibly the most impressive fluid physics I've ever seen in a game.

And the terraforming is the stuff of Spore's dreams.
                  looks gorgeous

Comment

That looks amazing.

Comment

This does look good. I'd be up for some of this.

Comment

Looks awesome
                        but let me be the first to say

1200 MSP

THOSE PISS TAKING ****ERS
                        I can buy the original Halo for that much, not a shiny looking version of Populous

Comment

Working...
                        X