Mindjack [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindjack [PS3/360]

This one seems to have been lost in the E3 noise. Looks like an interesting concept anyway.

Square Enix et Feelplus have announced Mindjack, an online action-shooter which will be available in October on Xbox 360 and PS3. Press release and trailer inside.

Developed by feelplus, who are responsible for Lost Odyssey, Ninety-Nine Nights 3 and a few others.

Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

Flash site = no copying and pasting of the synopsis.

Oct 2010

Comment

Jan 27th 2011 lol for the J version.

Comment

Any more info on this? I stumbled across a site which implied a US release for January as well.

Not sure about this seeing as Deus Ex 3 is around the corner... And yet I'm intrigued.

No one talking about this?

Comment

I'm sure the last info I read talked about enemy players being able to constantly invade the SP game as NPCs, kind of like Demon's Souls. Which is pretty interesting, but it'll have to be handled well if you're not going to be open to griefing of all sorts.

Comment

Square Enix games have this corny B-game charm these days. I enjoyed Nier and FM Evolved for what they were, and I might also give this one a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              Square Enix games have this corny B-game charm these days. I enjoyed Nier
              SE was only the publisher, Nier was developed by Cavia. The look and feel of a game is dependant on the developer - SE appears to publish anything these days, so their name on a box isn't representative of what its charm will be.

Cavia does make charming B-game titles though.

Mindjack is developed by Feelplus which, according to its Wikipedia page, hasn't done many games on its own, mostly helping other dev teams with stuff. Though if the entry is correct, it may well have ex-Cavia staff working on this. So in a funky roundabout kind of way Saturn-Gamer, you could be right.

Comment

I was aware of that, but a lot of games released under the S-E label are quirky B-games these days. Front Mission was their own franchise and was of AAA quality within the SRPG genre. They borked that with this B-game by handing it out to Double Helix, but I'm currently playing it and while Evolved is **** compared to say FM3 its actually a fun little straightforward TPS. I only paid about 2 tenners for it though.

Mindjack gives me the same vibe. It looks incredibly generic and kind of dull, although with some Demon's Souls ish online play. Bargain bin ahoy. Coming from Square and not hyped, released at the same time as ME2, Dead Space, LBP and DC... I'd give this about 3 weeks for that to happen.
                Last edited by saturn-gamer; 10-01-2011, 16:29.

Comment

Working...
                X