No announcement yet.

Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you the guy with no hair standing at the back at 9:39 minutes?

Comment

Yes. Baldylocks and the three hairs.

Comment

Did you get to meet the presenters of the vid you posted? I've met and bumped into a few top Japanese players as well as Marn and Justin Wong at last years TGS.

Comment

The black guy is Mike Ross who I wanted to play. But he seemed pre-occupied with the crowds so meh, cba bothering folk when it's like that. Listening to the end of the SG vs. HK commentary he can't even get for a piss without someone heckling him. I'm the same at a gig if ever the band are having a drink to themselves in a corner, I pretend they aren't there and watch how many moths they can attract.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            The black guy is Mike Ross who I wanted to play. But he seemed pre-occupied with the crowds so meh, cba bothering folk when it's like that. Listening to the end of the SG vs. HK commentary he can't even get for a piss without someone heckling him. I'm the same at a gig if ever the band are having a drink to themselves in a corner, I pretend they aren't there and watch how many moths they can attract.
            Yeah it's embarrassing to see folk swam around. Flies round ****.

Comment

Dave's arcades look far too good

Aaaaaand... It's official.

Comment

Depressing. My dad worked on a lot of the machines there over the years.

Comment

Despite its faults, it's a massive shame it's finally gone.

Comment

I only ever went there a few times but it's sad.

Comment

I live in Brighton and there's a couple near me. The one on the pier is pretty much what you'd expect from a modern arcade with loads of modern gun and racing games. It's ok but nothing special. There's also one near the sea front that has a couple of Daytona machines and not much else and then there's a Sega one near the sea life centre. Last time I went there it was pretty good with a nice mix of games (not all Sega) but I've not been there for ages (no pun intended).

To be honest they're all quite depressing when I think back to how amazing arcades were when I was a kid (god, I sound old) so I rarely go to any of them. It's a shame because I really can't see that they'll ever get back to what they were

Comment

A lot of the old arcade regulars have either 'grown out' of games or shifted to the online FPS mass. I doubt there's enough new blood interested in arcade genres (shooters/fighters) for an arcade on the scale of what once was. A very small focused outlet dedicated to heads would fare much better there.

Comment

How do you mean 'dedicated to heads'? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                            How do you mean 'dedicated to heads'? I'm confused.

Catering to more dedicated fans, not casual gamers, I guess.

In my area, there was once a great arcade that was quite futuristic for the 90s, they had linked racers, food, everything, but they eventually closed. I heard all sorts of reasons but that sucked.

I miss arcades more than anything in gaming.

Comment

Has anybody visited this place yet?

I'd love to go there but it's a bit of a trek from civilization!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                Catering to more dedicated fans, not casual gamers, I guess.
                                Ah, I see. If I'd won the Euro millions I'd love to build something like that. I'd happily run it at a loss as a service to the retro gaming community.

Comment

Working...
                                X