Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Why do people keep signing up to Bordersdown, just to post a quote and emoticons in the Arcades thread?

Comment

I told you!

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!

Comment

I know- WTF? Signing up purely to post mysterious emoticons in a single thread here. WTF is going on?

Oh, and

And CAPCOM!

Comment

They seem to be coming from some Vietnamese forum somewhere... What did we do to piss off Vietnam?

Comment

Ach, it's been a while since we had some bona fide nutters. Spices the place up a bit.

Comment

It's probably people signing up who will then come back a month later and replace their post with adverts for their dodgy sites. If you spot anything like this, please report post.

I have deleted the accounts and posts.

Comment

Brilliant.

Now it looks like I'm pointing out posts that don't exist.

Can't you see them? Can't you see the posts? They were there a minute ago! *starts rocking*

Comment

My arcade got 14 TTT2 cabs back on the 12th December, only just spotted them.

Not arsed about that, but they also got the SSF4AE2012 patch. All credits now up to $1 until they get their money back.

Comment

I went to Star City in Birmingham at the weekend and they some arcade games in both the bowling alley and a dedicated arcade, so I took some snaps as I know you guys love seeing a good cabinet!

First up was the amazing Star Wars Battle Pod. You sit in a chair with a projector above you that puts an image onto a domed screen in front of you to fill your vision and it's epic! I only did the easy mission, which is the Deathstar run, but there's several missions including an Endor Speeder Bike one.

They also had the new Time Crisis 5 cab which now has two foot pedals, that allows the player to strafe left or right around your targets.

Dead Heat (cars).

Dead Heat Riders (motorbikes).

Super Cars, offering "Raw Thrills".

Dark Escape 4D, which is a shooter that uses 3D, blast of air, a heart sensor and vibration to try to scare the living daylights out of you.

Deadstorm Pirates: Special Edition, which has some extra sections, including a monorail section where you're harassed by a giant eagle. All the sections look great fun and I could imagine it eating a lot of your cash wanting to see all of them.

Lost Land Adventure is a similar setup to Star Wars Battle Pod with the dome screen, but you get lightguns.

Animal Kaiser is a little kiddy cab where you pit your animals against each other using a scanner to read cards that it vends. It's like those pub arguments - could a dolphin beat a monkey in a fight?

Razing Storm sees you blasting everything in sight with a machine gun.

Super Alpine Racer is an update of the old game where you stand on a platform and slalom down a virtual ski slope.

Jurassic Park Arcade is another dino blaster with updated graphics.

Aliens Armageddon misses a trick by having an M-16 as the gun you use, but if they'd used a Pulse Rifle, I'd have thrown money at the screen!
                    Last edited by QualityChimp; 11-05-2015, 22:05.

Comment

Heh, that looks like a rework of the cab from Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna. Even the pod looks a similar shape.

Comment

Sorry, finished posting the pics now, Asura!

Yeah, it looks like Bandai Namco are using the projector and spherical screen on several games now including Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna, Star Wars Battle Pod and Lost Land Adventure. It's brilliant!

Comment

They've got some great arcades in there including some I just videoed! I'll be uploading a video I took in Taito Station tonight after work. Still, for the UK that's a very nice collection of big cabs! How much were each game to play? Over here they'd all be 200 yen which is about 1 pound 6 pence.

Comment

I don't know why this would be but Clarence pier arcade has received the near exact line up of games, though I don't think either of those dead heat games...we've got some vaguely entertaining Transformers light gun game which is already broke on the one player side.

Star wars battle pod is totally ballin!

Comment

There were a load of ticket games too that were actually quite good fun, too. I was impressed with the selection of games.
                              I said the Midlands Bordersdown meetup should be at Star City!

The machines were either ?1 or ?2, like the Star Wars one.

I look forward to seeing your vids, as usual Yakumo!

@Baseley - The Dead Heat games looked like my mobile phone could handle the graphics! I kind of liked that though, it reminded me of Shogo or something, but yeah, not the bleeding-edge graphics an arcade game should have!
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 11-05-2015, 22:49. Reason: Reply to Baseley

Comment

That looks awesome! Way better then the tripe that was Heart of Gaming...

Comment

Working...
                                X