Console Arcade needs YOU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console Arcade needs YOU!

Console Arcade has been running for over two years now and in that time the site has carved out its own little slice of the Internet. We?ve garnered a lot of attention from up and coming developers and also managed to speak with quite a few established (and very notable) studios like Studio Liverpool and Sumo Digital.

In fact things are going so well that I?m looking to expand the site in weird new directions (whatever you?re thinking of right now, I can assure you it?s not that weird!). To do that I need some dedicated gamers to contribute on a regular basis. If you?re still interested at this point and haven?t gone to play some games, read on!

We need people interested in reviewing titles on PSN, XBLA, WiiWare and Indie Games, and who are also interested in providing features on topics associated with the downloadable services. If you?ve got an opinion (and who doesn?t these days?) then we want to help you put it out there.

You?ll need to be enthusiastic about the platforms and take an active interest in the weekly releases. You?ll also need to be able to cover as many of the formats as possible and being able to string a sentence together will also definitely be an advantage.

Above anything though I?m a big believer in nurturing people?s underlying talent, so if there?s a burgeoning writer in you somewhere, we?ll tease it out and definitely be willing to give you a try.

Contributors will need to be prepared to write on a very regular basis and complete reviews or content within a reasonable time scale. Naturally since it?ll be unpaid (sadly) we?re obviously reasonably flexible about limits.

In return, we?ll offer you a platform to voice your opinions and while your stuff will become part of the site forever, your name will always be attached to it, meaning you permanently get credited for your work and can blaze a trail over teh Interweb. Handy if you?ve got aspirations which might be helped by having a portfolio of stuff ? in fact we?ve already had two contributors to the site successfully use the place to further their career in the games industry.

We?ll be able to provide you with the occasional free piece of review code too, but please note that these aren?t guaranteed, so anyone expecting freebies left right and centre need not apply. At the moment there?s a fairly regular stream of review code available, but this could be subject to change at any time ? you will need to (and be expected to) provide your own review content, probably 90% of the time.

We?d also interested to hear from you if you?d like to do news updates for the site ? this will require daily and timely input, along with a pretty good grasp of blogging software.

You can reply here or PM me with any questions, but if you?re interested then please PM me a short review of a download title (even better if it?s a game that we haven?t covered on the site to date). Reviews for the site are fairly easy going and writers are free to stamp their own personal style on things ? the only requirements to bare in mind are that it needs to be around 500 words (give or take - this can be flexable) and should not be written in the first person.

Thanks for reading

I?d love to help out but I lack the talent to express myself when writing.

Comment

We're still looking for contributors if anyone is interested. We'd love you to join us!

Comment

Still looking - please get in touch if you're interested in contributing reviews or features for the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
          Still looking - please get in touch if you're interested in contributing reviews or features for the site.
          Well, I am no writer, but I do happen to own all three current gen consoles (although the PS3 bores me beyond anything ever previously felt, heck, even the Jaguar held my attention for longer periods of time), I have an internet connection and am not afraid to use it

Would be more than happy to do something related to the Indie games on Xbox, currently the console enjoys something of a good workout each week seeing what new joy's haven't been added to the lineup, admittedly they are all "Indie" games, that's the point, but some of them are quite fun, whilst others emit some kind of foul stench that clings to my poor 360.

Let me know if I can be of any use (whilst sitting at home unemployed and "looking" for a job), then give me a shout and we can take it from there.

Mike..

Comment

Working...
          X