Clash of the Titans - 360 (PS3) - 3
    Darkstar One: Broken Alliance - 360 - 6
    Art Style: Light Trax - Wii - 7
    Art Style: Penta Tentacles - Wii - 5
    Jett Rocket - Wii - 4
    Aqua: Naval Warfare - 360 - 3
    Apple Jack - 360 - 8
    Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 - PS3 (360/PC/Wii) - 6

Jett Rocket certainly has a few problems but a 4 is very harsh.

Comment

Jett Rocket score is interesting, everywhere else seems to be fairly postive about it considering it's only a Wii Ware release.

Comment

"Generic"

"Jett Rocket is a conveyor belt of platforming tropes regurgitated without wit or vision. Rocket's only original hook, a jetpack, is a clumsy piece of kit."

"Jett Rocket's mistakes remind us of the N64 days, when developers were feeling their way through Nintendo's brace new 3D world."

Comment

Harsh scores for all the Wiiware games, the two art style games are great in my opinion, and the Jett Rocket score is more than harsh, for £6 its a great game. I also think that the scores for lego harry potter and transformers are way to low, i think there much better than a 6 and 5
          Last edited by arcnas; 08-07-2010, 10:01.

Comment

wow harsh score for transformers, Fedge

Comment

8 is about right for crackdown (same score as the first) it does a few extra things, a few little things better and a few little things worse.
              It's kinda like a slightly different version of playing the first through again.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                wow harsh score for transformers, Fedge
                Agreed. Even if you're not a complete Transformers fanboy it's still a half-decent third-person shooter.

Comment

Do they review all the XBL Indie games or just the ones people are raving about?

Disagree with the Potter score as well.

Comment

don't see the point of that crappy little Metroid pamphlet, hardly worth the paper its printed on.

Comment

About the right score for Transformers if you ask me. Its a fairly generic looking Unreal engine game that would of been brilliant 2 years ago, now it just is average.

After reading EDGE mag for 2 minutes today I have discovered that Ridge Racer is coming to the 3DS, yet all of the internet coverage read did not mention this. Internet fail. Proof that internet journalism is generally crap. Although RR does look like a re-hash of the PSP titles

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                        After reading EDGE mag for 2 minutes today I have discovered that Ridge Racer is coming to the 3DS, yet all of the internet coverage read did not mention this. Internet fail. Proof that internet journalism is generally crap. Although RR does look like a re-hash of the PSP titles
                        But... but there's been loads of mentions of it everywhere since mid-June.

And the Nintendo press conference itself had "Ridge Racer (Tentative Title)" in big letters during the third-party rundown.

Poor, unloved internet

Comment

Yawn racer. All they do is change the logo and rerelease it with each console launch

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                            About the right score for Transformers if you ask me. Its a fairly generic looking Unreal engine game that would of been brilliant 2 years ago, now it just is average.

I would hope that a game that was brilliant 2 years ago would still be good now personaly, or id feel an idiot for ever liking it as 2 years is hardly a long time.

As for transformers, its brilliant now, its not really that generic, for instance the level design is good becuase its a game made for transformers characters, it dosent just feel like its transformers dumped into a 3rd person shooter. It does many things right and not alot wrong, 5/10 is a very crazy score.

Comment

I think the 5 for Transformers is spot on...I gave it 6 personally because I am a big fan but my housemate (who is not) described it as 'gears of war with the fun taken out'.

The 2 final boss fights were annoying enough to make me glad to see the back of it tbh

Comment

Working...
                              X