Albion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albion

Pretty random thread for a pretty random stroke of nostalgia I had earlier for a game I played many many many years ago (1996 to be exact) - Albion . Developed and published by BlueByte.

I had a look on Youtube and some crazy guy has done a series of videos where he plays through the game (and does voices).

Anyone else ever play this? I loved it.

I think I shall dig out the CD or see if it's for sale online anywhere.

From Wikipedia:
    In the year 2230, the gigantic, interstellar space ship Toronto emerges from hyperspace at the edge of a distant planetary system. The ship's owners, the multinational DDT corporation, believe that there are rich deposits of raw materials on one of the planets in the system, and the Toronto is to mine the whole planet's resources at once. The player is cast in the role of Tom Driscoll, the pilot of the reconnaissance shuttle sent to verify the status of the planet. When his shuttle malfunctions, forcing him to make a crash landing, Tom discovers that the data that described the planet as a desert world was false. Albion is a world teeming with life, secrets, surprises, and magic. It is up to him to alert the crew of the Toronto to the true situation in order to save Albion and its inhabitants.

I thought this may be a thread about that insufferable Pete Docherty's obssession for 'The Albion'. Thankfully it's not.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      I thought this may be a thread about that insufferable Pete Docherty's obssession for 'The Albion'. Thankfully it's not.

That is all.
      Oh christ no, that guy deserves to die in a fire...that's probably too nice.
      ---

Sadly I havent been able to get this to work on 64bit Win 7 Not surprising as it was designed for Win 95 or dos heh.

Comment

Working...
      X