No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's strange. When I was accepted into the latest Update Preview, my console received a new download and install update, like the other dash previews/releases.

Is the main dash menu still in a random order?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
      That's strange. When I was accepted into the latest Update Preview, my console received a new download and install update, like the other dash previews/releases.

Is the main dash menu still in a random order?
      Around the same time there was an update for the new wireless device wasn't there? Maybe the preview program users got that a bit early?

Comment

I see, seems like all they did was put a solid release date on last.fm, twitter, facebook and zune marketplace. The preview update was different, that gave us the rights to see on dash and download the new things. Must admit I was shocked at first they seemed more like MB apps, twitter is the weakest as since the 360 has no web browser, you can't look at links. Havent got or tried facebook.

Comment

During the Update Preview Facebook, Last.fm and the Zune app all needed a small download to work, but Twitter didn't. Is this the same since they've all gone live?

Comment

yeah its the same, although if you were in preview you have to update zune and redownload last.fm and facebook apps, newer versions.

Comment

From preview to live Friends has been changed to My Friends, but if they're not going to put the menu in alphabetical order, so you know what to expect when you scroll up and down, why aren't My Xbox, My Friends and My Community next to each other at least. It can't be that hard to change the menu to a more useful/intuitive order. So much for all the feedback about this on Connect during the preview.

Comment

I watched the Avatar clip on the Zune Marketplace tonight, the 1080p stream, and at 282 MB you would have thought you were watching something already downloaded to the hard drive. It was smooth as you like and there was no buffering. The connection was 8 MB TalkTalk broadband over wireless.

Comment

Overall it seems like a pointless update for this one. Facebook works well enough but it's a very basic version of the site and the media stores are pointless. PS3s Vidzone makes a mockery of the costly music vid store on 360 and the Zune marketplace is identical to the old Movie Store. Seems mainly to be just a rebranding of features so they can make some Xmas period noise about the system

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                    Overall it seems like a pointless update for this one. Facebook works well enough but it's a very basic version of the site and the media stores are pointless. PS3s Vidzone makes a mockery of the costly music vid store on 360 and the Zune marketplace is identical to the old Movie Store. Seems mainly to be just a rebranding of features so they can make some Xmas period noise about the system
                    Agree, and, they had a launch party for this! Some companies seem to have money to burn

Comment

He actual quality of the videos on the zune service is much much better and the streaming that adapts to your bandwidth is fantastic too

Comment

installed facebook and Zune player last night. still no last.fm for Germany. while the facebook application is a bad joke the new player at least has great streaming capabilites. the Avatar 1080p video, even if cropped and upscaled to 16:9, was fluent and crisp.

Comment

No dashboard update, so I'm guessing that the update (for the new wireless adapter) a couple of weeks ago may have included the dahsboard update also, but hidden for those not in the preview.

Wasn't the Music Store suppose to allow you to listen to samples of DLC? I couldn't find anything of the sort, not that I was really trying to, of course.

I do like last.fm though, can see it being used when I don't have a laptop for music.

Comment

I'm a bit confused by these new things. I downloaded Last.FM which looked quite cool, and I played the Oasis playlist. I assumed that this would play some Oasis music, with some other similar stuff in between. I must've listened to about 30 songs, and not one was by Oasis. I heard the Verve about 5 times though. I tried the same with the Nirvana playlist, and the same thing happened, no Nirvana. Is it possible to add tracks to a playlist and just listen to those?

I also downloaded the Zune video thing. Are the film previews is SD or HD? I'd consider using that service over Christmas, but I'd like to see what the HD quality is like before renting something.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenballs View Post
                              I'm a bit confused by these new things. I downloaded Last.FM which looked quite cool, and I played the Oasis playlist. I assumed that this would play some Oasis music, with some other similar stuff in between. I must've listened to about 30 songs, and not one was by Oasis. I heard the Verve about 5 times though. I tried the same with the Nirvana playlist, and the same thing happened, no Nirvana. Is it possible to add tracks to a playlist and just listen to those?
                              Glad I'm not the only one who found that and thought it a little odd / misleading!! I also thought that the audio quality was rather average (played through the same Yamaha amp and speakers that I listen to regular radio stations on) and got some breaks in the music whilst it buffered, yet video previews from Zune / marketplace all stream without hitch, hmmmmm .

Comment

Twitter and Facebook I couldn't care less about but appreciate they're nice additions to those into the whole social networking thing. Last.fm, on the other, I adore and can see it introducing me to a wealth of new music in the genres I like. And I consider that priceless.

The Zune streaming thingy is very good too, can't see myself using it much but know an awful lot of people will.

Comment

Working...
                                X