The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcass View Post
    I have a 40Mbps broadband connection and the dash is still ****. Takes ages for my game lists to populate. I've seen it speculated that it's a lot worse if you have XBLIG titles in your collection as they need to be authenticated/authorised online even before the list is shown.
    Spot on. Virgin recently doubled my speed to 100mb, and whilst everything else (including Xbox downloads) is ludicrously fast, the games list takes forever. Plus I've blocked the dashboard ads using OpenDNS, so it's absolutely nothing to do with that.

Comment

I see my dashboard physically get faster on a Saturday/sunday morning compared to a weeknight.

Also, to prove a point, Sign out from live THEN go to your games library, I have over 300 games there and they load up instantly when offline. My friend is on 8MB virgin ADSL and it doesn't happen there, so it must be something specific to that, as you say I have no problem.

it's not related to Bandwidth but to other network conditions and as I know that Virgin's traffic shaping policies for cable customers are notoriously ropey , that's the only reason I can think of as to why it varies so much for me.

My quick play list only has 5 games in it, but I can still wait a minute for that to load when online. Instant offline.
      It has always been like this to some extent, back when I was in University halls and our bandwidth was ****e and was traffic shaped to **** the original dash would hang on the guide every time.
      Last edited by EvilBoris; 22-07-2012, 15:51.

Comment

I'm with BT and my dashboard is a nightmare to load up screens when I'm checking for the latest demos or videos

Comment

It's that time of year again, Beta Dashboard time.

Update: The amount of interest in Xbox LIVE’s first public Beta has been incredible. The Xbox LIVE public Beta is now closed. Later this year our entire Xbox LIVE community will be able to experience all of the great features we will be bringing to your Xbox…Stay tuned! With our work on the updated dashboard […]

Comment

I hope they have the light GUI in this one

Comment

Can't wait to see what trainwreck they push onto everyone this time. Like the last but one update breaking my drive so certain games no longer loaded. Strange after how i updated it stopped working & then after another update it was working again.

Comment

First wave of sign Ups are full now, so no more until further notice.
                Can't wait to try out some pinning stuff, fingers crossed it makes home tab better.

Comment

I bet the dashboard is just one big advert now.

Comment

I strongly doubt that.

Comment

I know it's small potatoes, but does anyone reckon they're gonna do anything about the horrendous 'horizontal' search function for non-Kinect owners? What's wrong with the standard 'grid' system you get to use in Xbox Guide, 'tis MUCH easier to get on with??!!

Searching on YouTube is a proper f*cking pain, it doesn't even offer predictions at what you're meant to be typing, so you have to type *everything* out, and as you have to "roll" along a horizontal axis, it all takes so twatting long, it's a real funkiller, and you can't even use voice search.

I won't be getting a Kinect, so do I have any other alternatives or am I stuck with one of the clumsiest, most laborious search engines I've ever encountered?

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                      As a paying customer I think I should be able to pick if I want to be bombarded by crap lovefilm adverts or not.

Especially when that had that 'higher love' remake in the advert. Makes me want to Hulk smash something even now.
                      That made me LOL. Oh yeeeeeesss....how much of a sickener was that?! Worst ad *ever*.
                      Last edited by JazzFunk; 27-07-2012, 00:00.

Comment

Agree with the Kinect stuff.

I was really surprised when they went with the dashboard they have now and the "hover" to select interface. You only have to look at Dance Central and its menus to see the best way to implement a front-end with Kinect and the crazy thing is that would have overlayed beautifully to the previous dashboard.

The swipe to select on DC is just sublime compared to the current Dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          I know it's small potatoes, but does anyone reckon they're gonna do anything about the horrendous 'horizontal' search function for non-Kinect owners? What's wrong with the standard 'grid' system you get to use in Xbox Guide, 'tis MUCH easier to get on with??!!

Searching on YouTube is a proper f*cking pain, it doesn't even offer predictions at what you're meant to be typing, so you have to type *everything* out, and as you have to "roll" along a horizontal axis, it all takes so twatting long, it's a real funkiller, and you can't even use voice search.

I won't be getting a Kinect, so do I have any other alternatives or am I stuck with one of the clumsiest, most laborious search engines I've ever encountered?
                          Buy a chatpad, it makes everything much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Agree with the Kinect stuff.

I was really surprised when they went with the dashboard they have now and the "hover" to select interface. You only have to look at Dance Central and its menus to see the best way to implement a front-end with Kinect and the crazy thing is that would have overlayed beautifully to the previous dashboard.

The swipe to select on DC is just sublime compared to the current Dashboard.
                            That interface spoiled me when kinect came out, really easy to use and quick too! You feel proper minority report with that.

Wrecketeer uses a much slower version of the same thing.

Comment

There are loads of people breaching their NDAs on youtube and Neogaf. Risky business.
                              Last edited by EvilBoris; 28-07-2012, 16:49.

Comment

Just tried logging in to my Microsoft account id on xbox.com to grab some trial downloads. Got a message saying it wasn't working because microsoft ids now only work with passwords 16 chars or less. Mine was more.

Seriously MS? You are limiting my security now? Ok, so 16 is still lots, but.... why?

Comment

Working...
                                X