MIcrosoft, let me give you money!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIcrosoft, let me give you money!!!

Since finally getting my xbox online here in Cyprus, I've been wanting to buy some MS points to buy some arcade games I've had my eye on. BUT.. to my surprise, they won't let me add my card as a payment option!! It's a VISA debit card and is linked to my bank account here in Cyprus. Everything is fine up till the point it asks me for my postcode and it won't accept my Cypriot one.

God damn MS, nintendo were more than happy to accept my money.. what gives?? Any ways around this? I guess I could buy a points card from ebay.. but they're a bit more pricey aren't they? ANOTHER point for wtf.. -_-

If you shop around points cards are often alot cheaper than buying from the dashboard. I haven't paid more than £16 for a 2100 points card in over a year.

Comment

http://www.gamepointsnow.com/ntsc-uk

Might do the trick.

Comment

Is there an Argos in Cyprus?

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
          Since finally getting my xbox online here in Cyprus, I've been wanting to buy some MS points to buy some arcade games I've had my eye on. BUT.. to my surprise, they won't let me add my card as a payment option!! It's a VISA debit card and is linked to my bank account here in Cyprus. Everything is fine up till the point it asks me for my postcode and it won't accept my Cypriot one.

God damn MS, nintendo were more than happy to accept my money.. what gives?? Any ways around this? I guess I could buy a points card from ebay.. but they're a bit more pricey aren't they? ANOTHER point for wtf.. -_-
          Do you have an Xbox LIVE account from Cyprus, or is it a UK account or something? If it's the latter, I expect this is just to reduce credit card fraud which is hardly a bad thing

Comment

I've registered my Canadian Xbox 360 in Canada with a french credit card. I didn't put my french adress because it didn't want it. I've tried with my canadian adress and it went perfectly well.

Comment

Thanks for the links guys, Very cheap indeed!! Will check them out.

My account is a UK one which works just fine for me since hardly anyone in Cyprus or Greece owns a 360!! It's all PS3 lol.

And no.. no Argos here!

Comment

They want to avoid charge backs from that region.

Comment

Slightly OT but I just found out that I can't change country on my paypal account. And I'm probably gonna need paypal at some point to buy points..

Don't know if anywhere will let me just pay directly with debit card? (cyprus card)

Just keeps getting better and better

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                    Ok so I tried the above website for points, and everything was ok until check out. I got an email saying that my order was cancelled, with this message:

Comments from Game Points Now Ltd:"Order cancelled. We do not currently sell to your country."

Ok so then I tried using the same card but this time changing the counrty from Cyprus to UK and using my UK address.

I got this:

Comments from Game Points Now Ltd:"Error 2: Item is out of stock. Error 2: Item is out of stock. You have not been charged for this order. Please see http://www.gamepointsnow.com/order-cancelled for info"

Is it really out of stock? The 2100 Microsoft points cards?

This is getting quite frustrating!!

Comment

I suspect the problems you are having are due to the fact that XBox Live isn't actually available in Cyprus:

I suspect you can connect online, but you probably can't register a credit card or buy points .

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                        I suspect the problems you are having are due to the fact that XBox Live isn't actually available in Cyprus:

I suspect you can connect online, but you probably can't register a credit card or buy points .

All I need is a payment method to get a darn code. Should be smooth sailing after that. Like I mentioned before, there was no problem on wii.

If I phisically had a points card in my hands now I'm 99.9% it would work.

Comment

Anyone know of any other sited that delivery points electronically? And of course that would accept an EU Visa card payment.

Even tried shopto but their excuse is that I can't purchase points as I'm a new member and haven't had an active purchase with them in over 30 days.

This is getting a bit ridiculous now!!

Comment

GET!!!! I now have 2100 points in my account!!!

Thanks to toythatkills cheers mate.

Used http://cheapxboxlivecodes.com and payed via paypal. Cheapest of the bunch aswell! 16 quid which is about 20 euros.

Honestly I went through like 7 sited that wouldnt accept my card, wouldnt email codes or wouldnt accept paypal..

Anyway yeah, sorted!

Comment

Working...
                            X