Tactics Ogre: Wheel of Fate [PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics Ogre: Wheel of Fate [PSP]

Revealed in the latest Famitsu apparently.

Rather than a "remake" of the original, it's described in the magazine as a "rebuilding." The game will retain the look of the Super NES game, although the visuals are now 3D, allowing you to move the camera around for a better view of the battle field. Basic gameplay remains intact from the original, but there will be a number of new features, most notably an increase in on-screen troop count to 30, up from the 20 of the original. There will also be new classes, and new features for the game's skill system.

The staff of the original have reassembled to work on the title, with Hiroshi Minagawa as director, Yasumi Matsuno as designer, Akihiro Yoshida and Tsubasa Masao as character designers, and Hitoshi Sakimoto and Iwata Masaji on music. Matsuno himself is working on additions to the game's story and character elements, including new side stories.
    There is other content available on the web...

Great news as I still own the PSX version. Its the best SRPG out there, so much better balanced than FFT that its just ridiculous.

The very clunky menu didn't hold up well however, so I can't wait for this re-imagining. Too bad home consoles don't receive this anymore.

Comment

I am very excited to announce today that our new PSP title, TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together, is coming to Europe very soon. TACTICS OGRE is one of the most beloved Strategy RPG titles of all time, with the game being the only one to place in top rankings in the Japanese gaming magazine [...]

Already confirmed for Europe.

Don't get excited for the new website though.

Comment

Working...
      X