Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Fighter x Tekken / Tekken x Street Fighter (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
    Preview embargo for this ends this week, gonna be capturing some footage (with fuse from these forums). Is there anything in particular you guys would like to see?
    Nina Williams please.

Comment

No worries, will give you guys a look at Juri and Nina Williams. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the preview code, can't capture online footage, sorry. Videos will going up early next week on YouTube, will post 'em all here.

Comment

Guys: Where is everyone buying this? I had a look at it appears to be ?37.99 minimum. The Ltd edition is ?60 from Gamestation...

Comment

I've not noticed it going cheap either. Discussion seems to suggest the Vita version will hit at least a month after the console versions too which is a bit of a pain but regardless of version I'd be playing ME3 instead

Comment

Probably going to fork out the whole lot and get the SE from Game. Seems to have all the gems. Amazon and Zavvi have preorder gems aswell I think but only 8 or so.

No worries, will give you guys a look at Juri and Nina Williams. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the preview code, can't capture online footage, sorry. Videos will going up early next week on YouTube, will post 'em all here.
            Would love a look at Yoshimitsu, he has all sorts of crazy stuff in Tekken like healing himself and killing himself lol. Would seem well out of place in a SF game.

Comment

With the release of Street Fighter X Tekken next month, Eurogamer looks at how Capcom has taken the likes of Hwoarang, Yoshimitsu and Heihachi and re-educated t

Eurogamers preview

Comment

Preview embargo for this ends this week, gonna be capturing some footage (with fuse from these forums). Is there anything in particular you guys would like to see?
                Just a little thing, but would be interested to know if the characters on the Tekken side have japanese and english VAs. Based on the trailers released, the Street Fighter cast have both (the trailer on the english site has english SF voices whereas the equivalent trailer on the japanese site has japanese voices). However regardless of the version, the Tekken characters voices have never changed (i.e. Kazuya always speaks japanese, Lili always english etc.) Just wondering if it's like MvC3 where only the Capcom characters have the option of both.

Comment

We'll be sure to capture something that shows that off. Hoping to have footage sorted for Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Comment

M.Bison & Akuma Trailer

Jin & Ogre Trailer

Cinematic Trailer 6

Story Trailer

According to the Capcom Unity Blog this is the final roster which means any other previously rumoured characters may be DLC.

Comment

I'm used to the Tekken characters in this style now I think, I just wish they'd done more to make the SF characters look less like a budget cut and paste job from SF4

Comment

Proper character reveal trailer for the fighters above, along with a refresher of the game modes and systems.

Also confirms my previous question that Tekken characters do have english and japanese voice options.

Comment

All this gem crap is putting me off this game big style. It all seems a bit confusing, but is the gist of it someone can buy a pile of gems through DLC and become super powered online against someone that hasn't bought any gems?

Comment

I wouldn't get too worked up about gems - in principle you're exactly right but the effects of them are really not as tide-shifting as you might expect. Each can only activate once per round for a brief spell, and you can see a visual effect when they do - effects like "Attack +10%" / "Defense +10%" are pretty commonplace and often it's the activate conditions that change more than the effects. The ones with the strongest effects are the support gems which give you daft things like auto-block, auto-tech throws etc - however they come with penalties like damage reduction or expending your entire meter, and as such lose any real effectiveness when you're playing at a decent level.

If you'll excuse the pimpin', I've written down a lot of my thoughts on the game so far here. As Ezee's already suggested, we've been recording some videos too which should hopefully be online soonish.

Comment

Hmmm I'm still not convinced despite a nice write up. I was going to get this on launch, but I may just hang fire to here some online reports first.

Comment

Can't say I blame you - I've spent some time with it and am pretty convinced they've tried to think of all angles, but still have no idea how it's going to go once it gets out there and goes online.

Comment

Working...
                                X