Torchlight 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchlight 2

Runic Games have just announced Torchlight 2. Frabjous day! Quick on our feet as always, we went back in time to schedule an interview with Max Schaefer and Travis Baldree, the company's founders and designers. They spoke to us about Torchlight 2's new co-operative multiplayer, classes, character customisation, setting, mods and undead bears.

Maybe this'll be out before Diablo 3. I'd hope at least one of these 2 games would come out on console as unlike a lot of PC RPG's they'd be a really good fit.

We?re not going to have a lot of fiddly, ?You need to target a specific character to apply this buff? kind of skills, because it?s just not really conducive to the fast, ?run all over the place and beat the crap out of a ton of monsters? play that we have.

Yeah, after DeathSpank I'd love to see a fuller game in that style to work on consoles. The only issue would be the breadth of abilities that you'd have in Diablo 3 and how they'd control (You can't target magic easily in a crowded fight, for example).

It does say on the release that they're releasing it on PC DD formats for now (Or something like that), so you never know maybe they'll branch out.

Comment

Excellent, I really enjoyed the first one so i'm definitely looking forward to 2.

Comment

Loved the 1st one, so am in.

Comment

They've started dropping details on the build up to PAX prime (not sure about gamescon).

Outlander class - http://www.torchlight2game.com/about/outlander
          Engineer class - http://www.torchlight2game.com/about/engineer

It will be a PC (and likely mac) only release to begin with. They say that they have a memory issue running it on 360 and would have to redesign to make it work.

Comment

Working...
          X