Your favourite videogame Front-Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite videogame Front-Ends

Which are your favourite videogame front-ends?

My three favourites at present are..

Otogi - Simply for the beautiful music and artwork of the initial load screen. The CG sequence is also beautifully directed and rendered, proving to me that Otogi is more than a videogame, its art.

Ridge Racer 5 - Highly charged, bass thumping, the presentation of Ridge 5 is still something I love to experience to this day. The beautiful Reiko Nagashi oozed class, and the moving silhouette was something I wanted on my PC desktop for ages.

Zelda - Ocarina of Time - An introduction that needs little description, we have all seen it many times, again the perfect blend of music and imagery to create a sublime atmosphere.

Giants - The huge island at the beginning that the menu is overlayed on. I will always be impressed by that!

Comment

Wave Race: Blue Storm - All the pretty water effects and the relaxing music... very soothing. Virtua Fighter 4 had a lovely water-based frontend too.

Comment

Agreed on Ridge Racer 5. Top stuff. Ridge 4 was cool too.
        Why dont they release a Ridge Racer Collection dammit!? (all old tracks, tunes & cars using an updated RR5 gfx engine..)

Virtua Fighter 4 looked really nice but was a bit slow and fiddly to use imo.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is very stylish.

There needs to be a balance of form and functionality in a good front end.
        Ridge 5 is my current winner as it does this very well.

Comment

I love the music from Zone Of The Enders... <3

And Metroid Prime can't be ignored.

I'm sure I'm missing out some really cool and innovative ones, though...

Comment

REZ, nuff said 8)

Comment

Metroid Prime short, simple, ultra-stylised, fusing brilliant organic visuals with acid-saturated 'dirty' techno.

Superb.

Comment

Halo - The music does it, I could listen to it all day.

Comment

Murakumo - Another one by From Software. Amazing CG intro and fantastic rock soundtrack over the menus. The front end is better than the actual game .

Super Mario World - Wonderfully understated, there's something starngely hypnotic about the little sequence that repeats over and over and over.....

Burnout 2 - I just love the menus and the title music, very slick.

Totally agree on Otogi, RRV and Metroid Prime. Has anyone noticed that even the memory card logo on RRV is the definition of slickness?

Comment

vf4 - I just adored the water effect. vf4evo's front end was a real step down from this imo.

Comment

Burnout 2 - great music and very short, simple menus.
                      Metroid Prime - my favourite front-end of all time. So stylish and classy

Comment

yeah The Metroid Prime menu was very well done, I forgot about that one.

Comment

vf4 - I just adored the water effect. vf4evo's front end was a real step down from this imo.
                          Agreed. I suppose they had to change it in order to make the games look different, but it's a shame as VF4 has the most beautiful menus of any game.

Also:

Super Smash Bros Melee - All of your favourite Nintendo characters in action to a great orchestral score.

Super Mario 64 - It's Mario! He talks, he sleeps, you can yank his eyelids about!

Gran Turismo 3 - Lenny Kravitz - cool. Nice CGI of cars jumping and spinning about- cool. Surely the game won't look as good as that? It does!

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                            Lenny Kravitz - cool

Comment

Agreed with a fair few so far - another one that sticks in my mind is

Zelda - Wind Waker - the camera panning around Link's home isle is wonderful, as is the music that accompanies it.

Comment

Working...
                              X