Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best car ever (AKA Shutokou Battle discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best car ever (AKA Shutokou Battle discussion)

I always liked the Shutokou series, there was something calmly addictive about cruising the concrete highways of Tokyo looking for like-minded boy racers to go battle against. The upgrade potential is one of the games main draws, and with this in mind, I set out to max out my Nissan Skyline (within my top 3 most loved cars) in Shutokou Battle Zero on the PS2. Ive come up with what I consider as to be the best car Ive ever had the pleasure of owning in a videogame. This beauty hits 240MPH+, has a HP of over 1100 as well as having the most desireable bodykit Ive ever seen.

I captured a mini video of it in motion, found within Reps review of Shutokou Battle Zero on this site here, its only 2 meg so see what you think -

Are there any other Shutokou lovers out there? The game isnt without its faults, the AI is dodgy, it can be frustrating at times and the collision detection (at least in 0) is a little shaky. But,. it remains very addictive, I have a real urge to beat all 400 of its cars before I progress onto Zero-One, and its literally all Ive played in the last week or so despite owning numerous other high profile titles. Id strongly advise any race fans to try this one out if you havent already, 01 is the definitive one to get, but like me you may be able to pick up 0 for next to nothing.

i played the DC original a few months ago... heard someone on here utter words of praise and went out looking for it.

a week of play later and i was totally in love, my midnight pumpkin fd with garish pink paintwork and blue 'splats' was ripping up each and every opponent i came up against.

game's the ****.

Comment

Yes... loving this game....

Got my R34. But it aint as good as yours yet.....

Comment

In SB0 I also used a maxed out R34 too, probably almost indentical to yours (same colour too ), loved it to pieces. In SB01 I'm currently using a semi-supped up Supra (around 600hp), which is an absolute joy to drive. Also own a slick Fairlady, which doesn't handle quite as well as the Supra, but once fully supped up it should be able to beat it in a straight line. I've been choosing natural carbon fibre for the front and rear bumpers, over fenders and side skirts so I have a black border around the car, looks frickin' cool as heck

Comment

There's nothing better than an R34. Anywhere.

I love em so much it was the only car I ever bothered washing on GT3.

Comment

Compellingly addictive, its quite a simple game idea really, as we all know by now.

But I always find myself saying "I`ll just get ONE more car beat before I go out". Famous last words .

I still have a sourer that I`ve maxed out as much as I can at the moment, and have nearly 50 million waiting for the right car to come along

Think its 40% done now.

Spoony.

Comment

And theres me thinking my car was untouchable, I just got trashed by some dude in a yellow car. Ill get him on the corners, the opponents cant take a corner properly at all

200+ MPH racing is a great adreneline buzz, I dont think Ive felt this in a game since Moto GPs superb high-speed races.

Comment

In the first game, I stuck with an RX-7 for ages; awesome car although it looks well dated now (the game, not the car ).

In the sequal, I used an Evo... 5 or 6, don't remember! I completed it the first time with that and then started on a GTO which was a whole different technological leap over the Evo. The GTO required loads of work though 'cos the default gear settings are terrible when you start putting on different engines and mufflers. I got through it though and I've currently got a pug-306 on the go This is all on the Dreamcast though...

As for Zero One, well, I'm still using my Supra. It has an engine swop - a nice, petrol guzzling but fast as f**k V8. Rollbars, body-kit and custom paint jobby (nothing spectacular mind ) with all the necessary bits to make the difference. I've clocked 340km/h-ish in it, sitting nicely at 724ps Only the boss cars seem to trash me on overall speed although I can out-accelerate most stuff when you hit the boost (nice wheel spins) and then it is down to driving skill rather than flat-out speed. She's a bitch to drive in the rain though; drift skillz required!

I'll see if I can get a picture later with my web-cam, 'cos I'm rather proud of it

My other car is a GTO, but that got left standing really. It looks good though, with natural carbon body kit with silver-coloured on the top half. This gives a nice silver over black appearence, which looks well mean...

I've completed the full C1/Wangan course, with only wanderers left. I'm currently chipping away at the other areas.

They're all excellent games though, even if they are somewhat of a required taste. Best of all, I love the way there is always someone faster than you... out there... waiting 8)

Comment

Shock! I almost forget about my Honda S2000 too; awesome yellow/black motor, in Zero/2 or which ever it is Damn, I must've played thru the game countless times using these cars!

Comment

Working...
                  X