Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Virtual Console Games and stuff

Lots of questions!

1. I think I know the answer to this but best to check. If I download a virtual console game to my PAL Wii, will it be running like it would on a PAL Snes or PAL 64? i.e. slooooooowwly?
    2. Assuming the answer to 1) is yes. Can I fool my Wii into thinking it's a Japanese Wii and access the Japanese store? If so, will games I download form the Japanese store work? Will PAL bought Disc based games work?

Think that's it. You get the idea of what I want to do so any other tips / info appreciated.

Cheers.

Depends. N64 stuff is optimised I believe. Most import games (ie - games released as part of the Hanabi festivals) run at 60hz, but I believe some don't. PC Engine stuff is 60hz. Mostly though, PAL stuff is 50hz, yes.

And no, you can't download JP VC stuff to your PAL Wii. Not without modding it anyway.

EDIT: Duh, helps if I read your post properly. Yes, you can change the region of your Wii but I've never done it. I'm sure someone here will be able to advise.
    Last edited by Jay; 27-08-2010, 16:20.

Comment

I've used that Startpatch thing to enable region-free channels (VC games, Wii Ware, etc) but I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure if I can buy said channels officially using points or if I have to download them on the PC first. From watching some YT vids, it seems you may lose all your points if you switch regions so you might want to look into that.

Comment

Working...
      X