No announcement yet.

Starfox on GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they do none of that, i've spent nuff cash on an N64 setup and all those games recently XD

Comment

I would cry, and wank, at the same time, repeatedly, if Starfox GC contained Starfox and Starfox 2 as unlockables.
      With fully textured like GC or flat-shaded like SNES options. That would be the most beautiful thing ever.

Comment

Is it just me, or do other people sometimes get more excited about extra games on their next generation releases than the main titles? Starfox 64 is the greatest on rails shooter ever, but 60 fps versions of the original Starfox plus Starfox 2 would be like a dream.

With all the additional stuff included in games nowadays, I can see it happening. Especially as shooters like Starfox GC are the best kind of games to contain hidden extras.

Comment

Totally.
          Oh, and can we have a level select this time please, for levels we've already done, because no doubt there'll be some unlocking via medals action happening there.

OOH OOH OOH!!!! An unlockable version of the Boss viewer from Starfox please for all character models contained in the game
          And a totally unnecessary but top quality return for an upgraded version of the fruit machine too

Comment

I would love and indeed pay a fortune for, a re-release of Starwing (Starfox 1). If and only if it was absolutely identical to the original except for improved framerate. That game with NO slowdown what so ever would be the best thing in the entire universe, ever

I only ever played the PAL version so perhaps the NTSC one was better, but I always wished it ran just a little bit smoother. It is still one of my all time favourites but with a tad more processing power than the Super FX accelerator chip had it would truely be amazing.

I agree about "Lylat Wars" (Ugh, always hated that name). I GC port would be awesome. Again I would like it to be pretty much be the same but perhaps upping the resolution and removing some of the N64s blur o vision.

-weresheep

Comment

About Satrfox 2, didn't Miyamoto say it could be released to GBA with two player intact? I'm sure I saw that on Digi.

Comment

Surely bundling games developed by Rare with a new game developed by Namco would be a forest of red tape? I know Nintendo own the IP rights, but aren't there other things that would get in the way?

But on to the main topic - Starfox Armada is totally under-hyped I think. Coming from Namco, I think it would be a major disaster for it to turn up as a crap game, so my expectations are high indeed. Roll on some more news says I.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                  OOH OOH OOH!!!! An unlockable version of the Boss viewer from Starfox please

Yes, and with the same music:

Comment

I found this pic and can`t wait for the game to be unveiled at E3.

I believe it is being developed by the AceCombat team. I hope they have the ability to instill a large dose of imagination into the game as I found the AC titles very lacking. I bet Nintendo are having a strong influence on the title after the SFA title failed to set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                      Yes, and with the same music: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...s/Strfoxbc.mid
                      Sod a midi version, I'll just bung on the SPC file It's one of my favourite soundtracks, really fits with the look and feel of the game. Definitely one of my personal 10/10s anyway. The 2 level tunes in Starfox 2 that got released are totally wicked too. Get them and SPCAmp (plug-in) from zophar.net and pray that they're both included in some form in the next game
                      Incidentally, when playing SPC files in Winamp, make sure your EQ is turned off, as it distorts the music. The SPC chip emulator does all the EQ properly itself. The only problems I've found with it is that vocals don't work on the intro theme to Tales of Phantasia, some tunes only seem to last a certain amount of time even though they're supposed to loop indefinitely, and you can't switch of certain channels like the craft noise in Starfox unless you have the option checked to show the bulky control panel in config. Other than that, it works great. There is a better SPC700 emulator out there called SPCPlay, which works fine in Win98 but I had trouble with it in XP. That emulates the chip perfectly and doesn't have the problems of SPCAmp.
                      Oh and erm... Starfox, YAY! I wish I had my SNES with me, had to leave it back home
                      Originally posted by Captain Falcon
                      believe it is being developed by the AceCombat team. I hope they have the ability to instill a large dose of imagination into the game as I found the AC titles very lacking. I bet Nintendo are having a strong influence on the title after the SFA title failed to set the world on fire.
                      I think Nintendo will be working verrrrry closely with Namco on this one and their relationship will have improved greatly considering the whole TriForce arcade deal. (Oh my god, Starfox AC... imagine... hang on while I piss myself) I'm also sure that, because of that deal, Namco know the inner workings of the GC hardware at least to a level of access close to a standard of knowledge that Rare had of the N64.
                      What's Fox saying in that picture above? I'm pretty sure the game itself will include Furigana, hopefully? Otherwise I'll have to wait for a no-story English one with Hick American voices ft:

Comment

I would cry, and wank, at the same time, repeatedly, if Starfox GC contained Starfox and Starfox 2 as unlockables.

Starfox 64 is the greatest on rails shooter ever
                        Hm, that's a tad controversial.

Comment

They better include loads of remixes of the Snes music, or just let Namco give their flavour to the soundtrack. Man, the N64 gamee had rubbish music compared to the first...

Originally posted by Captain Falcon
                          I believe it is being developed by the AceCombat team. I hope they have the ability to instill a large dose of imagination into the game as I found the AC titles very lacking. I bet Nintendo are having a strong influence on the title after the SFA title failed to set the world on fire.
                          The president of the Ace Combat team said they're delighted to get the chance to develop a Star Fox game because the physics and gameplay of AC have to be realistic, they now get a chance to let their imaginations run free.

I think they'll do a good job!

Comment

Too little , too late I think is the expression . With Gamecube discontinued in shops across the UK I expect hope Nintendo has a good selection of launch titles for GC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
                              Yes, and with the same music: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...s/Strfoxbc.mid
                              Sod a midi version, I'll just bung on the SPC file
                              What's an SPC file? What's the advantage of it over MIDI? Educate me!!

And yes, the Starfox soundtrack ****s on the N64 equivalent from a great height.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeStephen
                                Too little , too late I think is the expression . With Gamecube discontinued in shops across the UK I expect hope Nintendo has a good selection of launch titles for GC2.
                                Don't right the console off so soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X