No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda games have to be the bestest best that ever bested at every best because it's a Zelda best game.

I really need to edit the Leave Brittany alone video.

Comment

Lack of any new gameplay mechanics/structure in videogames over the last 10 - 15 years.

RPGs with the following structure: Talk to NPC - run errand at A, find out you also need to go to B, forgot to tell you to visit C, back to NPC. Repeat for 1m hours.

Comment

I hate myself for starting multiple games. Now I have a suite of ace games and I'm left not wanting to play any of them. Stupid stupid stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
          Lack of any new gameplay mechanics/structure in videogames over the last 10 - 15 years.

RPGs with the following structure: Talk to NPC - run errand at A, find out you also need to go to B, forgot to tell you to visit C, back to NPC. Repeat for 1m hours.
          Amen to that. It really puts me off playing a lot of games.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            I hate myself for starting multiple games. Now I have a suite of ace games and I'm left not wanting to play any of them. Stupid stupid stupid.

I'm the same at the moment -currently playing Zelda, Grandia, Sonic CD and Mario 3D Land. Got Rayman that I'm desperate to start, and Okami in the post. Not enough time!

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
              Zelda games have to be the bestest best that ever bested at every best because it's a Zelda best game.
              All games from Nintendo have to be open to excess criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                All games from Nintendo have to be open to excess criticism.
                Very true. Who cares if they are actually fun to play if the specs aren't up to spec?

I am my biggest gaming irk. Same as FSW, too many games on the go and even more never touched. Going to slim down in 2012 and possibly make some bad choices.

Comment

Ah, it's not just me then. Right, I'm picking one PC game and one PS3 and I'll complete them before starting anything else:

PS3:
                  Ico
                  or
                  Dark Souls

PC:
                  Skyrim
                  or
                  Witcher 2

Comment

Ico surely. Because it can be done relatively shortly.

Comment

Not going to read through everything in this thread to see if this has already been mentioned: menus that don't rotate from end-to-end.

Comment

How did this thread fall so far back? Are we becoming less miserable?

My current irk - the way developers have a habit of making their handheld games mission-based/episodic.
                        I'm playing Resident Evil: Revelations right now, and I really dislike how the game is split into bite-sized chunks (with cheesy 'previously on...' scenes, no less!). Similarly, I'm also playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and it feels like any potential for story development is dampened by the fact that the whole game consists of really short missions rather than progressing at a natural pace.

What gets me is, with all handhelds having sleep modes and the like, is there any need to divide the game into bitesized chunks? If we don't finish the current section of the game before the end of our bus journey, we can just stick the game into sleep mode and continue later.

Comment

the whole capcom having to pay to unlock stuff is really starting to irk me now and there defence about it it made no sense to me at all

speaking of which another irk was ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 for the vita...having to still pay for the two dlc character when they were there since vanilla marvel vs capcom 3 that annoyed me a lot

i would just much rather pay more upfront for a game rather then being bled for more money

oh not a irk but in reply to shake_jake33 ...i love the vita sleep mode just press the ps button during any game and it immediatly pauses it at any point in the game really really handy

Comment

What disturbs me most about the defense of the 'unlock key' stuff is the fact that people are prepared to actively defend the business of locking content in order for them to pay extra for that, they don't see the fact that the content already exists and is just locked away from them. It is a stance that is beyond me.

Comment

gaming collections/compilations that are missing a game in the series

Comment

Or most of the games. On the Vita, I'd hardly call two MGS games a collection. Same with the Silent Hill collection. A pair? Sure. Collection? Not quite.

Comment

Working...
                                X