No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League of Legends is the best example of F2P. The only things you really need to pay for are the aesthetic skins for your favourite champions. Everything else can be obtained through the points you accumulate from games, and it doesn't take long at all to raise the points required to purchase additional champs.

I have seven or eight champions I rotate around with around another 20 or so unlocked. No need to purchase any more. If ever the need arises I have a huge pile (and growing) of credits saved.

I do actually pay for some skins occasionally because I really like the game, they cost about a fiver each. There is absolutely no need for me to do this as they only look cool, they don't do anything else.

Sometimes I like giving money to the devs who deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Everything else can be obtained through the points you accumulate from games.
      League of Legends may well be awesome, I don't know. But without me having the context of that particular game and so only going on the interpretation of the words, this sentence describes a lot of f2p games and that's really the grinding that I referred to in point 2. A f2p generalisation of course, rather than a comment on LoL itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        League of Legends may well be awesome, I don't know. But without me having the context of that particular game and so only going on the interpretation of the words, this sentence describes a lot of f2p games and that's really the grinding that I referred to in point 2. A f2p generalisation of course, rather than a comment on LoL itself.
        Grinding in a F2P game is ok as long as it was poorly designed enough in the first place to require grinding.

Comment

What a sweeping statement.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            What a sweeping statement.
            Welcome to the internet!

Comment

free to play done wrong

i can see with a few of these games you could quite easily spend 50$ + very easily.I just hate it when they get a free to play model and build a game around it

Like been playing marvel puzzle quest its good fun but without paying it is insanely slow and the way its set up is just annoying suck as 4.49 for 600 gold coins and the same price for 2100 crystals ( which would not last long at all)

Actually posted a you tube video about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLnxCBAEfU0

Comment

Something that irks me - the time it takes to get from pressing "on" on the 3DS until I'm actually in a game (too long), and the time it takes to switch the unit off. Really wish I just had a switch that was hard-wired to the battery, like with the DS - so I choose when and how fast the system turns off, not the software.
                Last edited by Asura; 07-03-2014, 17:20.

Comment

Being made to find 3 keys to open a door.

When there's a knee high fence blocking the pathway either side of the door.

Yes, Silent Hill 1, I'm looking at you.

Comment

Wow, dude, that's a long grudge to hold! 1998?!

Comment

Ah, yes, that's an old favourite. You have to reach a building, you can see it and it's a short walk out in the open and all clear. Problem is there is a small hedge in front of you. Do you a) step over the hedge to continue on your way or b) break open the entrance to a dark monster-infested sewer and enter in the hope that you might end up somewhere close eventually?

If you answered 'b', congratulations - you're playing The Last of Us.

Comment

Menus that don't wrap from last to first forcing you to go all the way back through the options to get to the first item. It so easy to do and so annoying when it isn't implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Ah, yes, that's an old favourite. You have to reach a building, you can see it and it's a short walk out in the open and all clear. Problem is there is a small hedge in front of you. Do you a) step over the hedge to continue on your way or b) break open the entrance to a dark monster-infested sewer and enter in the hope that you might end up somewhere close eventually?

If you answered 'b', congratulations - you're playing The Last of Us.
                          Hehe!! I think TLOU disguised this a bit better than most games of its ilk, though? Not saying it's perfect, mind..."We gotta avoid open ground!" (said in gravelly, manly voice).

Comment

If he'd had a bike, it wouldn't have been worth him getting back on the bike once he had thrown it over the hedge. He was that close.

Comment

That is a good point. Games strive for realism but completely screw it up with crap like that!

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                                Being made to find 3 keys to open a door.
                                How about being made to find 3 keys that turn out to be just one key made out of a shape changing alloy? That really irks me.

Comment

Working...
                                X