No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading screens for loading screens. Watchdogs has the initial load up which takes you to the "Press X to start" screen (WTF did I just do on the PS4 dash then, I obviously want to start it!), which then goes to a loading screen to bring up the games main menu, which has the "Continue" option that you need. Pressing continue goes to another massive load screen. This is why GTA just loads your save and game automatically, learn people!

Comment

Agree with all that Adam. Also when you get to the first "press start" screen and before it gives you the option of pressing start it says "wait: saving".

SAVING WHAT???!!!!?!???

Comment

Always amused me when BF3 would save AND load at the same time.

MIND:BLOWN.

Comment

Content. i.e. too much.

I actually don't want to play gta 5 now. It is just too much stuff.

Arkham Asylum is still the best balanced game in this regard; challenging, not overly time consuming and fun.

Who the **** wants to collect all 100000000000000000000000000000 packages in gta or 4000000000 riddler trophies in arkham city?

Comment

I think that's why we tend to like retro stuff more. Limited content but limitless replay value.

Comment

When the press calls average games like watch dogs AAA release. AAA games are the Mario 64's, ocarinas, half life 2, halo CE etc. Not decidedly average games that get a lot of advertising, advertising does not equal quality.

Comment

AAA indicates nothing but budget to me.

Comment

I've heard AAAA thrown around by marketing fraudsters recently. Wonder what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    AAA indicates nothing but budget to me.
                    Same; as in, we spent loads getting coco cola on the bottles, nike on the shirts and other things that have no factor in how good the game actually is.

It isn't a stamp of quality anymore.

Comment

"AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion
                      AAA is not an acronym, but a grading scale, but some like to see it as an acronym to more simply show what attributes a game uses. One common way of perceived AAA as an acronym is like so, each "A" has a meaning regarding an overall quality:[8]
                      One "A" is given to games that are considered to be successful (critics or reviewers give it a perfect, or almost perfect score);
                      another "A" is used when a game brings "innovative Gameplay" (a gaming characteristic so unique that differentiate the game from all the rest);
                      the last "A" defines "Financial Success" (game sales that generate a huge profit). A title consider to be AAA is therefore a high quality game and its expected to be among the year?s bestsellers.[5]

Soon after, video game journalism, reviewers, and even the companies press-releases,[9] would also use the term to classify games (in some cases, referring to it as an equivalent to a movie blockbuster).
                      As the years progressed and during the new millennium, many publishers started to consider their games to be AAA even before their release,[4][10][11] and justified this decision through huge development and marketing budgets.[12]"

I didn't realise that it used to be judged Triple A after release, but somewhere along the way it became used to define an anticipated title.

I guess it's like "Blockbuster" in movies. The term comes from WWII bombs destroying a large part of a city, then theatres used it when a big production drew large crowds and made the other shows on the block go "bust" and then cinemas used it when people queued around the block to see the likes of Jaws and Star Wars. When did you last queue around the block to see a film?!

Comment

That wikipedia entry is consummate gash, Chimp. AA = innovative gameplay that differentiates the game from the rest of the field? Most games wouldn't get this far, let alone the CoDs etc. that are wheeled out as AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Content. i.e. too much.

I actually don't want to play gta 5 now. It is just too much stuff.

Arkham Asylum is still the best balanced game in this regard; challenging, not overly time consuming and fun.

Who the **** wants to collect all 100000000000000000000000000000 packages in gta or 4000000000 riddler trophies in arkham city?
                          This. I've stalled on my GTA play because I just want to play the crazy plot but you get swamped in rubbish. Still like it a lot mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            That wikipedia entry is consummate gash, Chimp. AA = innovative gameplay that differentiates the game from the rest of the field? Most games wouldn't get this far, let alone the CoDs etc. that are wheeled out as AAA.
                            What if the game featured a lemur on a moped doing a cross-America journey but the only fuel it accepts is cougar blood, so he has to hunt cougars to complete his journey?

Comment

There's a definite argument for a classification of games known as 4A games

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                What if the game featured a lemur on a moped doing a cross-America journey but the only fuel it accepts is cougar blood, so he has to hunt cougars to complete his journey?
                                Nah, been done to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X