No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Imagine if a game like that did come out.
    In weeks, there'd be a deluge of (sloth/pig/kitten) riding a (lion/tiger/wolf) blood-powered (moped/scooter/quad bike) clones.

You won't be so dismissive when you see the "Lemur's Peregrination" WiiU previews at E3 2015, Golgo!

Comment

Id say the tide seems to be turning for certain AAA developers hear me out, EA and UBI seem to be getting most of the stick, there was a lot of negative press around Battlefield four with EA promising to fix the game before any new dlc came out this didn't happen and i think this has damadged the battlefiled brand Hardline seems to be getting some real stick with lots saying it feels like a poor mans BF4 mod.

Likewise Watch Dogs, launched in quite a broken way with game breaking bugs still being present corrupted save issues missions that couldn't be finished and the baffling gimping of the pc versions graphics doesn't seem to be going down well either. the initial watchdogs concept of hacking the environment to gain an advantage seem to have taken back seat to a poor mans gta5 with press square to hack traffic lights gameplay.

Titanfall has been called out for the lack content, and i think this is becaue it contains nothing that resembles a decent offline campaign and after extended play has failed to grab players for any length of time, we were promised a game where events changed how the map played and an engaging online only campaingn mode we seem to have got Call of Duty with mech's and a few forgettable cut-scenes, The pc version has had to drop play modes from matchmaking as there where not enough people playing them to give a decent online experience. likewise the game has failed to spark xbox one sales in the way Microsoft had hoped, and i think this is down to it feeling like a concept for a game that's been half delivered, and a world that's needed a campaign really badly.

What I'm trying to get at is big budget seem to be Synonymous with broken promises and half finished concepts, at the moment.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 19-06-2014, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Ha! Imagine if a game like that did come out.
        In weeks, there'd be a deluge of (sloth/pig/kitten) riding a (lion/tiger/wolf) blood-powered (moped/scooter/quad bike) clones.

You won't be so dismissive when you see the "Lemur's Peregrination" WiiU previews at E3 2015, Golgo!
        Pfft...I'm holding off for Activision's AAAA rendition, 'Blood Highway: The Reckoning'.

Comment

I think in the last gen on consoles the desire for triple A status has been very bad for the industry.

Better graphics => bigger budget => needs more sales => must cater to a wider demographic => more dumbed down, generic gameplay, no player left behind!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan James Waugh View Post
            I think in the last gen on consoles the desire for triple A status has been very bad for the industry.

Better graphics => bigger budget => needs more sales => must cater to a wider demographic => more dumbed down, generic gameplay, no player left behind!
            Amen.

Comment

It`s rare these days but unskippable cutscenes I find especially annoying. Many games have such stupid stories which I do not care for even if the developers insist/think it will enhance the gameplay.

Remember Me was one of the most frustrating games I completed in a long time. I liked the combat but too much story in the way.

Comment

Thos unskippable cutscenes are usually masking loading , hence why they are unskippable.

It's either that or a loading screen

Comment

Load masking cutscenes like the ones in Uncharted pause the cutscene then skip after several seconds to 1 minute. But the cutscenes in Remember Me go on for several minutes, also in areas which have already loaded.

Imagine Metal Gear without unskippable cutscenes :S

Comment

You can only have up to 300 play coins on your 3DS, that's the limit. Discovered that yesterday.

Comment

Yes, has always been that way. Has there ever been anything worthwhile to "spend" them on?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                        Yes, has always been that way. Has there ever been anything worthwhile to "spend" them on?
                        If you live somewhere with no spotpass, on the puzzle collection. If you like those, of course. Too bad that spending multiple coins on that is a pain.
                        And there's a limit of 10 spotpasses before you "acknowledge" them.

Comment

I learnt the 10 streetpass thing pretty quickly after the 3DS came out, it gets annoying during proper terms when I hit 10 in the first 2 hours of the day.

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                          Streetpass challenge levels on Shinobi are 10 coins each; Dynasty Warriors lets you exchange them for in-game currency; But the main thing is getting extra warriors for Streetpass Battle (or w/e it's called) for the Streetpass Plaza game - 15 coins for a general with 700 warriors means I can use 150 to boost my army by 7000+.

Comment

when battlefield 3 was free i decided i would like that so after not using origin for years i forgot my password

went to password reset ....nothing....tried it again...nothing waited 2 hours tried again nothing.Was getting late so decided to go to bed next morning got up had 3 password resets in my email so i clicked the latest one and it said " password link expired" tried to reset it again still nothing ...went to work came home tried to reset it again still nothing and nothing the following day gave up .

Cut to friday 48 hr trial version of titanfall i thought will try again password reset finally after hour email came in and i could reset it and so finally installed origin and started the download (and thats a irk in itself the file size of the game ) after many hours i started to play

And after all that i was really underwhelmed was having server issues thought the game was very lacking (if it had a really meaty single player mode i would have probably like it a lot more )

Comment

this just feels wrong

Comment

Kim Kardashian game is HUGE on iOS. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...european-daily

Apparently it's actually "good" though (assuming that you like choose your own adventure). Which irks me more.

Here's an article that gives you the general idea. http://time.com/2977187/kim-kardashi...dante-inferno/
                                Last edited by charlesr; 27-08-2014, 16:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X