No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irk of mine is that no racing game gets to a level i want when it comes to not only detail and handling of the cars but also the tracks though i have not played forza 5 yet.Hoping project cars does it right

Also think the same with football i want a all encompassing football game with a deep indepth management/training system as well as gameplay of something like fifa but also the feeling of actually playing a season perhaps with news reports etc

oh and dragonball z games for the love of god please give the licence to arc systems to make a great 2d fighting game
    Last edited by eastyy; 06-09-2014, 18:34.

Comment

Forza 5 was a disappointment for me. It felt worse than 4. So so much under steer.
      I love modding on driving games. I don't mean Halfords part, proper performance balancing. Import Tuner Challenge was good in the area, you could see ever part applied to the engine.

Comment

is it me or the ps4 and xbox one not really had much released over the last year ?

Comment

Pretty slow yeah.

Comment

My friends are all playing Destiny, but stuff that. Grinding is not my thing. If you can't beat a boss just because you haven't played enough hours to level up your armour and stuff, that's an instant turn off for me (much like most RPGs). It's a cheap way to replace skill. So my irk is that I'm left out because they have been drawn into the hype. Bet they aren't even enjoying and are just going through the motions grumble mumble etc.

Comment

Look at those fools grinding for loot on Destiny, Chaz!
              They're not smart like you, busy grinding enough hours into Forza 5 to be able to drive the Lotus E21 that you bought back in November for ?79!*

I know this is no longer quite accurate, but it really was true at the time. Not Charles doing this, but the whole ?79 for a car you couldn't immediately drive.

Comment

Yeah, that sucks too. I suck. I preferred the fixed vehicle multiplayer hoppers to the bring your expensive stuff ones.

At least in BF4, you can be victorious with all the base weaponry.

Comment

Levelling is all non RPG games needs to die. It has destroyed skill based progression.

Comment

Levelling doesn't matter so much in CoD and BF4, but the things they unlock aren't really any more powerful than the defaults and are just ways to keep the interest up for a few months until they can pump out another one. But in general, I'd prefer if it was just all handed to me at the start and I could just play the game.

Comment

Stories in games. I specifically looking at you destiny. You had plenty of decent writers at your disposal that you've worked with in the past, Eric Nyland and Karen travis come to mind, and this utter drivel and tosh is what you went with?

Comment

Stories in games. I'm specifically looking at you destiny. You had plenty of decent writers at your disposal that you've worked with in the past, Eric Nyland and Karen travis come to mind, and this utter drivel and tosh is what you went with?

Next time don't even bother, just plonk the player infront of an enemy if your going to go with that little effort.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-09-2014, 15:29.

Comment

Eric Nylund lol.

EDIT: I do get your point though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Levelling doesn't matter so much in CoD and BF4, but the things they unlock aren't really any more powerful than the defaults and are just ways to keep the interest up for a few months until they can pump out another one. But in general, I'd prefer if it was just all handed to me at the start and I could just play the game.
                            Feel exactly the same. That's why I adored Forza 3 & 4 when they were released, no saving hundreds of thousands of credits by re-racing dull 3 lap races for 3,000 measly coins. You want to try out the Ferrari FXX around Silverstone? Here's Free Play and you've got the keys to the city!

Comment

Irk 1: Told my boy he couldn't download Pixel Gun on the iPad because it's a 17+, but found something similar called Block Force which is a 9+.
                              So I installed that, but it turns out there's no local network play, only internet.
                              It allows you to give servers names and yourself names and send each other messages. Surely that should make it a higher age bracket?
                              Most of the server names were filth and I could only imagine the chat being even worse.
                              Uninstalled that.... He's now grumpy at me.

Irk 2: However, I've now had to hide the app store - I can't see a way of preventing the reinstallation of uninstalled apps. New apps require a password, but uninstalled ones appear to be password free forever more - did I miss something?

Comment

Unskippable logos before the title screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X