No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing through Mario Kart 64 on the wii virtual console and I haven't really lost my temper with games for ages but man I wanted to slam my controller into the ground

One instance is that on a 2nd lap I red shelled my nearest competitor so they couldn't make a jump and saw them fall into last place, within half a lap they were already right behind me and hit me with a banana which cause me to spin into water, when I was out back on the track I did a wheelspin then was hit by a kart that spun me around, surprising I never caught up in half a lap and finished 7th

Comment

Three words.

Crash Team Racing.

Comment

I really really hate the rubber band ai in racing games, i know why they do it to make races close but it is the most frustrating thing i think it was one of the need for speed underground games i had almost the perfect race but crashed at the last corner and got overtaken by 5 cars

Comment

Streetfighter V ...the combat is sound and i really like the graphics and music so the core is there but what is irking me is it feels like capcom seem tot have go amnesia about what has gone before.

Even if you ignore the whole arcade mode and other things with single player considering what has happened the past few years they are asking people to share videos of rage quitters and someone and they will punished next week

Comment

It's because they rushed the game out unfinished so they wouldn't mess up the Capcom Pro Tour. The wait time for matches is bugging me most.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              It's because they rushed the game out unfinished so they wouldn't mess up the Capcom Pro Tour. The wait time for matches is bugging me most.
              Yeah but i wonder what effect this will have now, i got a steam refund as i decided to wait and i have only used that once before

Comment

What a ridiculous solution.

I'm already envisioning rage quitting 'celebs' becoming a thing.

Comment

I might see if I can get a Steam refund for SFV too

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    Been playing through Mario Kart 64 on the wii virtual console and I haven't really lost my temper with games for ages but man I wanted to slam my controller into the ground

One instance is that on a 2nd lap I red shelled my nearest competitor so they couldn't make a jump and saw them fall into last place, within half a lap they were already right behind me and hit me with a banana which cause me to spin into water, when I was out back on the track I did a wheelspin then was hit by a kart that spun me around, surprising I never caught up in half a lap and finished 7th
                    I played it recently and it pains me to say but after playing MK8, MK64 handling has aged badly. The tracks are still my favourite in the whole series though.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Three words.

Crash Team Racing.
                    The best Mario Kart clone, even to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      I really really hate the rubber band ai in racing games
                      Mario Kart arcade is terrible for this even in multiplayer. Outrun 2 has it bad too. I rememer playing the arcade in multiplayer once, perfecting every powerslide only to get beat by the guy next to me right at the end, even though he crashed like 15 times.

Comment

Game that have a online requirement - No public beta test = Launch issues

Game that have a online requirement - with a public beta test = Launch issues

I really still think they are just glorified demos

Comment

They're like the suggestion box at work.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Game that have a online requirement - No public beta test = Launch issues

Game that have a online requirement - with a public beta test = Launch issues
                            It's because public beta tests aren't intended to resolve launch issues. You'll always get launch problems because of excess traffic. It's because more people are playing a game in the 24hrs of launch than will ever be online again, so it's not cost-effective to have the necessary server-space to accommodate all those people. It's best to wait until the natural process of "launch problems" throttles the user load and things reach an equilibrium. The open beta is to find out what that equilibrium is.

Comment

One of my recent irks...playing monster hunter 4 and when the character heals he does a pose all the time which wastes time as a monster comes running at you

Comment

You need to buy yourself more time/space. You can't recover HP without doing a pose, man.

Try not to waste potions until you know your windows, that way you won't need to farm as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X