No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dug out my xbox pdp fight pad today. The top of case is shiny and as new. The plastic underneath is sticky. Like glue. Looks like the same material. Could be wrong though. Anyway, how do you get that stuff off?

Comment

Sugar soap worked on a DVDO Edge that was covered in it. That and white spirit.

Comment

No must have been a gripper material.

Comment

I got the Hori PS4 media remote which is quite similar to that PDP one(in shape, at least). It’s the full-size version. It’s decent(and also controls both my TV and my amp* via IR), but I find the PS4 very occasionally ejects the disc when I press other buttons! I rarely have a disc in there so it's often just those three beeps. It also hasn't happened while watching a BR/DVD... yet. Only during Netflix or the XMB.

* it can't turn the amp on/off so I have to do that via other means. It's actually a very old Pioneer hi-fi(with MD and DVD drives!) so the fact I can control it at all is nice.

Comment

That looks the same as the one I have, looks like Hori rebadged it I think.

It works OK I guess, but it's slow to connect, disconnects quite quickly, and requires the pressing of the PS4 button to reconnect each time. Its support among apps also feels patchy in a way that the PS3's didn't.

It's better than nothing but I don't rate it.

Comment

It looks similar, doesn't it? I thought it was just rebranded but the buttons are laid out differently (e.g. PDP has volume buttons at the bottom but Hori has playback; share/options buttons as well).

Comment

Season passes, annual passes, super passes, with all the bull advertising and digital pre-order useless crap that comes with it.

How about you all just F*** off year publishers.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  It looks similar, doesn't it? I thought it was just rebranded but the buttons are laid out differently (e.g. PDP has volume buttons at the bottom but Hori has playback; share/options buttons as well).
                  Oh yeah, that's true. It is a bit different. Maybe it's better in that case!

Comment

How Nintendo insist on reversing the face buttons on their pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      How Nintendo insist on reversing the face buttons on their pads.
                      Nintendo's controller button layout is unchanged since the NES days, long before the more common layout Sony and Microsoft adopted.

Comment

Maybe but it still winds me up, I'm so programmed now to A-B over B-A that it's so easy to press the wrong button in QTE's

Comment

Yeah, I'm not seeing any logic to where they put their As and Bs.

Comment

Gamers annoy me. Not all of them obviously (I'm pretty cool after all) but, as a collective, gamers have a disproportionately high number of twits.

I like to message those I play with. If they play well I praise them. If they play poorly I tell them so. Sometimes they respond. When they do they're usually twits.

Example 1: Playing Dark Souls yesterday, I was summoned as a Church boss, killed the host's two co-op partners, but after a long and tightly contested dual I was defeated by the host with a parry and critical strike. Very cool finish to a good fight. I messaged him/her saying "nice parry, well done, good battle". Host messages me back saying "It's not difficult to parry, you just need to blah blah blah...". What a twit.

Example 2: Again, playing Dark Souls, I messaged a victorious invading phantom saying they were cheap (player hid behind enemies whole battle, equipped invisibility ring and used great bow from distance, never fought 1 on 1 once - real cowardly tactics) and they messaged me back saying "lol, you sound mad, bro, git gud, noob". And that's how most gamers I communicate with sound. It's like they all went to the same school. Why do they all sound like that? Where's the individuality? The genuine expression? Twits.
                            Last edited by Zen Monkey; 03-09-2018, 14:28.

Comment

Gaming just attracts the weirdos, that’s all. The bar for entry is literally the space bar.

Comment

ZM, you're ignoring the obvious answer here: the anonymity of the internet. Just win/lose and walk away. Communication between randoms while online gaming is like trying to find a dinner date on Tinder (I imagine).

Comment

Working...
                                X