Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Xenoblade 2 crashed on me the other day.
    Actually this happened to me, come to think of it. Only once in the 60-hour run, though.

Comment

When people turn the power off on the PS4 and it has to do its stupid full check and takes an age to boot up 😡

Comment

All games sold as full retail releases where anyone ever feels it's okay to say 'in 3-12 months it couod be really good' should be review scored for the product they are on day one and never revisited by official outlets. You'd see a bit more mindfulness from the likes of EA then.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          All games sold as full retail releases where anyone ever feels it's okay to say 'in 3-12 months it couod be really good' should be review scored for the product they are on day one and never revisited by official outlets. You'd see a bit more mindfulness from the likes of EA then.
          Fact.

Comment

Reminds me a bit of Kickstarter, when i look at some pitch videos with early footage the released game will look the same or it may be a completely different thing entirely its taking a chance on what you back.

When i think about some games like Streetfighter V,Killer Instinct, No mans sky the initial release compared to what they are now are such a big difference....but usually the core is solid.

With what i have played of Fallout 76 it feels like the core is not right almost as if it was a mod for fallout 4, sure enjoyment can be had but for me the other issues are just jarring.

With Bethesda since Morrowind up to Fallout 3 with the issues I always gave them a pass purely because the issues did not out weigh the positives and i can see the scale and the ambition, with Fallout 4 though the game just felt off like the engine was creaking and it had lost some of the magic......also having a bug where i could not interact with any computers did not help.

Comment

I've mentioned it elsewhere but my Vita is buggered.

I was playing it on a journey, swapped to being the driver and the battery went flat.

It's never came back on.

I've swapped the charger and even the battery. Nothing.

A battery-operated device shouldn't run the risk of dying is the battery drains.

I've now got a stylish and aesthetic paperweight.

Comment

After five PlayStations, four PlayStation 2s, and Five Xbox 360s (the sixth has a dead disc drive) I have a rule in that if a piece of hardware fails on me at least three times I never buy from that manufacturer again.

This is what I miss the most about not having a Sega console.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  After five PlayStations, four PlayStation 2s, and Five Xbox 360s (the sixth has a dead disc drive) I have a rule in that if a piece of hardware fails on me at least three times I never buy from that manufacturer again.

This is what I miss the most about not having a Sega console.
                  Surely everyone went through multiple Dreamcasts? I had 2 second hand Saturn’s burst info flames as well.

Never had a single Nintendo break or not work though.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-11-2018, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Surely everyone went through multiple Dreamcasts? I had 2 second hand Saturn’s burst info flames as well.

I had one Dreamcast explode, but only because one of my mates plugged the wrong power cord in.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      I had one Dreamcast explode, but only because one of my mates plugged the wrong power cord in.
                      For that behaviour, he would no longer be your friend even if he hadn't died in the explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        The problem is that in this era of live-service games, this goes two ways; games can actually get worse too.

Comment

That's quite impressive. I had a PlayStation burst in to flames once.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Totally with you on this. It's like if someone put "CU" on every movie series or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              That's quite impressive. I had a PlayStation burst in to flames once.
                              It’s quite alarming and surprising to see your games console suddenly burst into flames right? Like you just don’t expect it.

Comment

It’s quite alarming and surprising to see your games console suddenly burst into flames right? Like you just don’t expect it.
                                Sure is. If I remember it was one of the rare occasions I switched it off at the wall. Upon switching it on a lovely flame erupted from the back. It soon dwindled out but the console was knackered. It was on its last legs, I had to run the console at an almost upside down angle to get the laser to move.

Comment

Working...
                                X