Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    If I remember correctly, they entered a deadly sewer in The Last Of Us to avoid walking through some bushes.
    I’ve yet to see IRL a hedge that I couldn’t get through. At the other end of the spectrum we have Skyrim horses that can scale a near vertical mountain.

Comment

There's that one in Batman Arkham where you can't go through a locked door which is hanging off its hinges. Though I think that one may have been a deliberate joke.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        When level designers put the character in front of an in game object thats so laughably small even a child could step over, or a gap big enough a 50 stone man could walk through, yet the big slim character can’t.

This is just lazy design in this day and age.
        Good one. I sympathize with the designers, though. What can you do when your character is super-powered? I'm polishing off the last few collectibles in Doom and he can one-punch colossal demons into giblets now but can't punch through some broken office-glass to a 1-Up on the other side. Has to find the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          I’ve yet to see IRL a hedge that I couldn’t get through.
          We finally find out how Brad spends his weekends!

Comment

The thing that really bugged me about the one in The Last of Us is that the game is full of deadly creatures and this path over a small bush was one of the only times in the game you have direct line of sight to your destination and it’s totally clear. It was a short walk away. A nice little coastline stroll. But no, let’s take the deadly dark unknown sewers. Best case scenario you come out stinking of crap but, most likely, you end up very very dead. Who goes into sewers anyway? Why is this even a thing in games? When was the last time you went into a sewer?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              I’ve yet to see IRL a hedge that I couldn’t get through.

Get through that...

Comment

Who goes into sewers anyway? Why is this even a thing in games? When was the last time you went into a sewer?
                Or vents, while we're at it?

Comment

The thing that really bugged me about the one in The Last of Us is that the game is full of deadly creatures and this path over a small bush was one of the only times in the game you have direct line of sight to your destination and it’s totally clear. It was a short walk away. A nice little coastline stroll. But no, let’s take the deadly dark unknown sewers. Best case scenario you come out stinking of crap but, most likely, you end up very very dead. Who goes into sewers anyway? Why is this even a thing in games? When was the last time you went into a sewer?
                  It's like that bit of the Clerks cartoon when they have two doors, either a blank door or "The Maze of Death".

"Well that settles it, we'll take our chances in the maze."
                  "The Maze of Death?! What about the other door?"
                  "That door could be ANYTHING!"

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

Get through that...
                    I bet he could....though i like to hedge my bets

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

Get through that...
                      Lol. The thing is though you bloody well could get through it. Particularly if the alternative was zombie infested sewers.

Comment

Brad Vs Hedge. I would watch the **** outta that.

Comment

Brute force and ignorance and I think anyone could get through any hedge.

Comment

Ellie: Let's go this way
                            Joel: A hedge blocks our path
                            Ellie: What? Er, ok. What about this way?
                            Joel: Decorative chain-link fence
                            Ellie:Well we can't go back
                            Joel: I know. We'll have to go through the radioactive, poisonous minefield

Comment

Game of the generation.

Comment

If it had been hawthorns, fashioned into a thick hedge over many years selective pruning... then they'd get a pass. That stuff is almost as bad as barbed-wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X