Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    Modern gaming is a big irk at time, Power ranges battle for the grid was on special offer and there is like three different versions so i figured the most expensive version must be the complete version....nope there were three or four characters that were extra.....I dunno it just all seemed as confusing as hell when you see a big list of dlc and having to chase up what you are actually getting
    confusopoly. It's designed to make people **** up and buy stuff coz they don't know.
    It's like a magician waving cards around so you don't see the scam taking place.

Comment

Yeah tbh I asked for a refund within 5 min lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        My irk of the moment is that I remembered how - a few console generations ago - they managed to let you install music to your hard drive which could then be properly integrated into games you were playing. For example, in a racing game you could play your custom choice of music and it would play during races, but stop when you quit. It fitted properly into the game rather than just playing music over all gameplay like you've just left the stereo on.

I have fond memories of playing Burnout 3 on the original Xbox having replaced the utterly dire "EA Trax" stuff with a selection of superior racing game music. It felt like I'd made a custom Director's Cut of the game where I didn't have to listen to bad songs.

This feature, as far as I can see, no longer exists. Replaced by the ability to turn off music and play streaming music services over the whole lot. That's not what I want. I know it can be done. Bring it back.
        Yeah, and the 360 let you connect an iPod over USB and access all the songs on that too, which was mind blowing in 2005.

I have fond memories of playing Wipeout HD with a big custom playlist too. Not that the built in music wasn’t good, but we played so much of it that we needed more variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          My irk of the moment is that I remembered how - a few console generations ago - they managed to let you install music to your hard drive which could then be properly integrated into games you were playing. For example, in a racing game you could play your custom choice of music and it would play during races, but stop when you quit. It fitted properly into the game rather than just playing music over all gameplay like you've just left the stereo on.
          Yeah; I had a load of music on my Xbox. I still remember during Wolverine's Revenge, when there was a level where a load of enemies flood in and you have to fight them off, and Let the Bodies Hit the Floor came on.

Comment

Slow songs in rhythm games, does anyone enjoy these? Give me something fast with a blazing tempo!

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
              Slow songs in rhythm games, does anyone enjoy these? Give me something fast with a blazing tempo!
              No. I hate them because it's so difficult to get any beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                No. I hate them because it's so difficult to get any beat down.
                Yep, it ruins the rhythm as it were when it comes to hitting the notes and I end up doing worse than on a faster song.

Comment

Exactly my issue. And what's crazy is that these slow tracks are often listed as easy.

Comment

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined locks multiplayer behind completion of story mode or collection of in-game coins.

Comment

Big, narrative driven games should have a recap option so you can bring yourself up to speed should you decide to go back to it after shelving it for time.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Big, narrative driven games should have a recap option so you can bring yourself up to speed should you decide to go back to it after shelving it for time.
                        Only a few selected RPGs do that. The last I remember was Xenosaga (2 or 3) with a recap at each loading screen.

Comment

MGS1, despite being a pretty short game, has a recap every time you load your game. And they're pretty good, too!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            MGS1, despite being a pretty short game, has a recap every time you load your game. And they're pretty good, too!
                            The new Lego Star Wars has recaps done in the Star Wars crawl and they are honestly a highlight. Some are really funny.

Comment

It's always such a joy when a game is actually funny. It's far too bloody rare. Most games, despite what going on in them being patently ridiculous, are deadly serious for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                It's always such a joy when a game is actually funny. It's far too bloody rare. Most games, despite what going on in them being patently ridiculous, are deadly serious for some reason.
                                Totally unrelated to this irk but I just completed a mission where I tracked down a stolen taxi on Coruscant. The guy who gave me the mission then jumped into it and said “it’s time to make some crazy money! Ya ya ya ya ya!”

Comment

Working...
                                X