Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwi View Post
    playing enslaved and im on the ending. The missus said to me "check the rice in 10-15 minutes".

5 Minutes later and im in the middle of the final cut scene and i smell burning, i leave it as long as i can befroe having to run to the kitchen to turn the cooker off, come back upstairs to see the credits rolling on by.

Damm you unpauseable/unskipable cut scenes. Ended up watching the ending on youtube brefore realising later on i could just play the final scene again.

bri
    You must be the last person on the planet to cook rice the tribal way. Buy a rice cooker, man. Goes 'ping' when it's cooked and everything!

Oh, ... irks, of course: a current one from Dead Space 2. Inconsistent gaming physics. I can dismember a necromorph, spear it on one of its limbs and send it crashing through office furniture and reinforced glass and out into the vacuum of space. However I can't knock over a candlestick.
    Last edited by Golgo; 03-02-2011, 12:47.

Comment

@Nemesis - It's not the PS3's fault mate. It's the devs. 360 has games like this too I'm sure.

If rumours of cloud based PS3 saves are true this might stop being an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
        @Nemesis - It's not the PS3's fault mate. It's the devs. 360 has games like this too I'm sure.

If rumours of cloud based PS3 saves are true this might stop being an issue.
        Yeah i know that, its just silly tho. Point i was getting at though is that once you have a PS3 thats gone YL, if it can't be fixed, you have lost everything...... This is a console we're talking about at the end of the day....not a PC!!! I understand consoles are now a lot more complex than the 90's iterations with tendencies to overheat etc, but even so, i shouldn't be expected to backup all my data "just in case", as its a game console. In any case, even if i did backup my data, i still wouldn't get back some of my saves as certain devs won't allow it. F*cking retards..

Online saves are the future and way overdue....

Also, i've not had any 360 game save that hasn't backed up, from my old premium, to elite to slim. Winner

Comment

Nasty fight game final bosses.
          Jinpachi from Tekken 5 is pretty much a game breaker. Unblockable 50% loss of life special most and constant attacks when you are grounded.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Nasty fight game final bosses.
            Jinpachi from Tekken 5 is pretty much a game breaker. Unblockable 50% loss of life special most and constant attacks when you are grounded.
            Jinpachi is nothing. Tekken is 3D ya, that unblockable is easily sidestepped.

The two "bosses" on Tekken 6's arcade mode are way WAY harder.

I've never even beaten Nancy, not that I've tried.

Another that comes to mind is Gill on the hardest mode on 3s. Don't think I can beat him with anyone but Chun Li.

Comment

Sidestep, what a muppet I didn't think of that!

Never played T6 myself, T5 is still pretty new to me. Gill is hard but I am ok with him, not played 3S in a while though, might load it up now.

Comment

I mean, with the game set to 8/8. lol, I guess it's the step up from the regular characters in difficulty really.

Comment

i thought since tekken 4 they have nerfed the sidestep move

Comment

Which was the DOA game where they changed the bloomin camera angle for the final boss fight? 3 wasn't it? Hated that. At least Clone-Kasumi in 4 was merely cheap.

Comment

Yeah, that guy in 3 was annoying.

I dunno how you can "nerf" a sidestep..

Comment

in tekken 3 the sidestep could avoid most things in later tekken games rarely seemed to

Comment

9 Hours in Sky Pillar FML, just need to catch the ?~#& now

Comment

another irk of mine...gaming embargos where sites not allowed to review a game before a certain date or worse when on pod casts there not even allowed to talk about the game

Comment

Most of the time they're probably allowed to, it's just the game isn't at all exciting and by pretending they're not allowed to talk about it they get guaranteed publicity on GAF when someone goes "OMG YOU GUYS XPODCAST HAVE REVEALED A SECRET GAME WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?11"

"Shenmue 3?"

Comment

playing tomb raider anniversary tbh finding alot of the game to be a irk

Comment

Working...
                                X