Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNES super Metriod Question

Hello

Finally got Super Metroid for the SNES at a sensible price.

I can only see French/German language options though.

The cart number is: SNSP-RI-UKV

Is the still the UK version or am I likely to have language issues further on in the game? If this isn't the proper uk version then I won't bother...
    Cheers

Paul

The text in Super metroid is very minimal at best, only resigned to a few cut scenes.
    It's not like Metroid Prime proportions of text.

Not too sure about your cart region predicament though

Comment

The PAL version of Super Metroid has the french/german sub option, I don't think there is a way of turning it off. Usually play the JAP ver instead as the subs annoy me and it has an english language option.

Comment

Yep, mine has the french/german option too, but iirc the subtitles are limited to the intro and maybe the end. All the in-game text is in english.

Comment

Same problem here. It doesn't really bother me though.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far...

So I will get the occasional bit of French/German text during cut-screens etc, hmm... I think I will try to get the proper UK version in that case...

What is the code on the cartridge please for the "proper" UK version, as I want to know what I should be asking for...

Cheers

Paul

Comment

afaik the version with the french/german is the PROPER UK version.

Comment

Don't worry about it. The intro has english text & voice (the best and clearest ever in a snes, IMO), the french/german text is only a subtitle at the bottom of the screen. When the intro is over, this issue is over until the game is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu3Flame
                  afaik the version with the french/german is the PROPER UK version.
                  OK I am confused then Why would the UK version make you select either French or German text? As you have to select one or the other, they are not in addition to English.

Surely the UK version would allow you to select English? Anyone got the manual to hand.

For me not being able to read/understand every part of the game spoils the enjoyment - maybe I am too fussy!

Thanks

Paul

Comment

The german/french subtitles at the bottom of the screen during the intro are just translations of all the english text on the screen. Your not missing out on anything, sure its inconvient not being able to turn it off but its just another example of how NOE treat their pal users.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu3Flame
                      The german/french subtitles at the bottom of the screen during the intro are just translations of all the english text on the screen. Your not missing out on anything, sure its inconvient not being able to turn it off but its just another example of how NOE treat their pal users.
                      Cheers - methinks its stupid, but hey, I can't do anything about it - so might as well get on and play the thing. Nice one Nintendo ft: ft:

Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X