No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it looks that good on 360 then i'd really like to see what the PC version looks like.

150 dungeons? I hope they don't all look the same like in Oblivion, I'd take a much smaller number of dungeons over that.

Comment

They are all hand crafted this time around to avoid the problems of Oblivion. The scope of this game is mind-blowing.

Comment

I assumed the majority of the dungeons would be built using a tool and building blocks like Oblivion's. That they're all hand crafted is very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          They are all hand crafted this time around to avoid the problems of Oblivion. The scope of this game is mind-blowing.
          Hopefully BIOWARE take note of the care gone into this game and the fact the game is (unashamedly) aimed at its core audience and there's not mention of 'more accessable' etc etc.

I'm impressed with the improved 3rd persion view, I thought it was one of the broken bits of Oblivion - i.e. for me it was unplayable in 3rd person, which for an RPG is my preferred viewpoint. It seems they've taken this on board and corrected it.

I very rarely buy games nowadays upon release but this may be one of the exceptions.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this game more than any other game right now, by a significant margin. Nothing else will matter when this is finally released.

HD Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqJwY0QNVo&hd=1

Gameplay - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...scrolls/715402

EDIT - Updated with HD trailer.
            Last edited by sj33; 10-06-2011, 09:58.

Comment

Well, I feel a little embarrassed, I had no idea this was Skyrim and my word it looks utterly amazing. Never could get into Elder Scrolls but this might be the one that does it.

Comment

40 days difference between Dark Souls and this. RPG heaven, one from the East and one from the West!

Comment

So excited about this. Oblivion is one of my favs this generation.

Those dragons!!! WOW.

This and BF3.... I need to upgrade my PC, lol.

Comment

Longer version of the video shown on GT

Comment

HD version of the trailer. Awesome change in aspect ratio mid-way through the video. Want this now.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is the follow up to the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elde...

Comment

Downloaded a HD video from the Marketplace yesterday and I have to say the animation and frame rate looked rather ropey.

Comment

All of the playable pods at E3, including the gameplay footage I posted at the end of the last page, are the 360 version - looked quite impressive to me, bar the noticable vsync. Looking forward to seeing what the PC version looks like in higher settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            Downloaded a HD video from the Marketplace yesterday and I have to say the animation and frame rate looked rather ropey.
                            Oblivion wasn't that great in those regards, but it nailed the atmosphere. I'm afraid you'll need to go PC to get a solid framerate on this one, it looks like they're pushing a lot on screen and engine wise, they've never been the best. If only they had access to an engine that could do a solid 30fps (or 60fps) with huge wide open worlds, without texture repetition. Oh well, maybe for the next one.

Regardless, this'll be awesome

I have Oblivion on my Steam account, never installed it but picked it up cheap. If only I could find a spare week to explore it, that game was stunning. Huge expectations for this

Comment

Yeah, both Oblivion and, in my opinion, Fallout 3 suffered from poor framerate and animation but still proved to be excellent. I'm sure the PC will be the definitive version (isn't it always? ) but unfortunately my PC is almost 10 years old. Last game I bought for it was Baldur's Gate 2 and don't think it can handle anything more demanding.

Comment

Ten years old? Surely your phone is more powerful than your pc!

Comment

Working...
                                X