Stacking. Double Fine's next downloadable game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacking. Double Fine's next downloadable game

You play as Charlie Blackmore, the smallest character in a world populated by russian dolls. It's set in a 1930's inspired world where you jump inside other characters to take on their form/function.

Spring next year apparently.

Lee Petty is the lead for this one. Twitter - web. He was AD on Brutal Legend.
    Last edited by Bort; 23-11-2010, 19:50.

That actually looks like good fun. Hopefully by the time it's done they've figured out how to get their style across in a lower file size. Costume Quest was really hurt without having any voices.

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Indeed - I'm just hoping it doesn't fall flat like Costume Quest did for me.

There certainly looks like there's a lot more scope for variety in this one though so I've got high hopes.

Comment

It just looks so charming and has that same stylised photorealism a little like LBP

Comment

Excellent. Taking control of other characters is such a great mechanic, but there's only been a handful of games which do it.

Comment

1up Preview.

Comment

WOOP WOOP Sooner than expected.
                February 8th(PSN) 9th(XBLA) release.
                PSN $14.99 XBLA 1200
                Last edited by Family Fry; 20-01-2011, 08:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  WOOP WOOP Sooner than expected.
                  February 8th(PSN) 9th(XBLA) release.
                  PSN $9.99 XBLA 1200
                  Oh wow that's awesome! Where did you get the details from?

Comment

GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.

Comment

Day 1 purchase for me! Loved Costume Quest and this looks even better. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Epic!

Looking at the previews it's similar to Costume Quest and doesn't have spoken dialogue, but that's still not gonna put me off it, I hope it's just as entertaining and funny.

Comment

So beautiful!
                          Feb 9th will be a fantastic day, something about the style of this game just makes me want to buy into it.

Last edited by Family Fry; 02-02-2011, 01:41.

Comment

As said in PS thread hats off to Sony/PS+ for this one.

Free DAY ONE copy of Double Fines new game Stacking ($14.99) HOPEFULLY the deal is same for EU.

Hi everyone, We’re excited to share that over the next two weeks, our subscribers will be receiving a download of a highly anticipated PlayStation Network game and demos for two upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusives. With that said, let’s jump into our two upcoming PlayStation Plus publishes. Tim Schafer and the brilliant minds over at Double [...]

EU rejoice it has been confirmed by PSN EU as free too, day one.
                            Last edited by Family Fry; 03-02-2011, 20:17.

Comment

It will be interesting to hear in the future if the sales of CQ were very poor on the PS3 (due to the delay even though it did hit before Halloween) that led them to take an initial lump sum from Sony.

They burnt me with CQ and I'm going to sit out Stacking (even with a price drop). Hopefully the next two digital games won't be as paper thin as CQ and Stacking (appears) are.

Comment

Working...
                              X