X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[comments] Splatterhouse review

Splatterhouse review

Thanks to Paul for the words.

Last edited by charlesr; 21-01-2011, 13:29.

Not a bad review. I must say I did buy this despite the negative reviews, mainly to get the 3 old games it came with, the original Splatterhouse + Splatterhouse 2 and 3. You can pick it up really cheap now, so it worth getting.

The remake it just a bit of mindless gory fun, no it isnt perfect, but I did have more fun with it than some highly rated games. My major gripe with it was the crappy framerate in sections.

There is a website that goes into a fair bit of detail about the story of this games "fall".. it makes interesting reading.

Comment

It comes with the old games?

Didnt know that. Still wont be going out of my way but might get this now if I see it cheap in a shop some time...

I noticed today that for some reason its still £39.99 in Gamestation though which is weird.

Comment

i had this and thought it was dire, so i dropped the hardness to easy and still couldnt bare to play it past the stage where your jumping about in an abandoned block of flats lol

Comment

I saw this played for a few hours and it looked like absolute garbage. Poor graphics but still tearing and poor framerate, boring looking "mash one button" combat. It became extremely repetitive even in that short time. 2/10 and even that's pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
            You can pick it up really cheap now, so it worth getting.
            Where are you seeing it cheap? I can only see it below ?20 at Zavvi and I'd rather not buy from them.

Comment

I liked this game. Admittedly the combat engine wasn't exactly the most refined in the world, and it did get a little repetitive, but it was generally fun. I honestly don't understand some of the pannings it has recieved.

Comment

i quite liked it...brains off slaughterfest...solid 6.5 for me but that was because it cost 17.95

Comment

I think it is essentially what it is. It doesn't really try to grasp at too much, but it does show signs that it has seen the hands of more than one developer - I suppose on one level it could be considered a post-modern pastiche of the horror actioner in general. On another it's probably just a load of semi-ok horses balls.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                  X