Two Worlds II (PA News)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Worlds II (PA News)

From the publisher: After their deception by Gandohar, the orc hordes are out for bloody revenge - along with a powerful female partner. Travel the lands and towns of Antaloor including an expanded area Southeast and experience breathtaking landscapes, lively cities, and the thrilling call of ferocious battle.

This combined with the extremely detailed, interactive environment, a totally revamped inventory and spell-management tool, and an improved physics system, will be sure to make Two Worlds II (ntsc-uk affiliate link) a must-have title for RPG fans.

Conquer the world in this epic, high fantasy. Two Worlds is available on an array of platforms. The US versions come in January 2011

We've got this at work at the moment, good god I want to get my hands on it. It's been lent out and whoever has it isn't too keen on bringing it back it seems *shakes fist*

Looks great though. I didn't have a problem with the first game - well... with the core ideas behind it. It was a very very rough diamond, so I can appreciate with an open heart why most people couldn't struggle past the first few minutes.

If they have maintained the level of depth found in the first game while presenting a more polished experience we could have something special here.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

The first one looked like an 10 year old korean free to play MMO, and it seemed to have the same Quality control embued upon it.
      Was it actually any good?

Comment

After they mega patched it, it became barely acceptable. Barely. If you really needed a trad RPG fix and had NOTHING ELSE TO PLAY. I hear it's big in Germany, obviously.

Comment

It did look like ****.

But beneath the very rough edges was a pretty damn epic game in scope. It had some great ideas, but it certainly was hard work to look past the obvious crapiness... but there was a certain charm to it - like it knew it looked like arse but it really didn't care because it had more depth then most games of its type. I wouldn't recommend the first title, but i would definitely recommend taking a peek at the more-polished sequel.
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

thought the original was really bugged ....it reminded me of the gothic series..had a eastern european flavour but just didnt have the budget to back its ambitions

Comment

Can't find another thread for this game, did anybody actually buy the console version of this?

I know that it has issues but I wouldn't mind playing the PS3 version and it's been available everywhere apart from the UK for a while now. Well, Amazon did seem to get limited stock but I'm not sure if that's an official release or whether they've just imported some copies.

Comment

Amazon ended up with the UK exclusive release of it for the consoles. If they're out of stock, then that's yer lot.

I borrowed the office copy, and didn't think too much of it.

Comment

isent there supposed to be some addon pack due this year ? you never know they may release a improved version like with what happened with divine divinity 2

Comment

Yes there is. Due end of the year. Loved it myself.

Comment

Unless the expansion is released as DLC only of course. I don't see a GOTY version of it being made personally!

I got mine through gamestop.ie, free with homefront (bundle copy though, but doesn't bother me, given it's availability and vast expense through preowned channels). Unfortunately it seems said offer isn't available any more and their standard copies are unavailable.

The game itself isn't terrible, but there are a few rough edges keeping it from greatness. Occasional bouts of slowdown, terrible script, non-existant story and pathetic voice acting - the latter is actually quite endearing however.

Best places to try for one now would be CEX or Ebay, sadly the prior have it listed at 42 quid.
                      Last edited by Daragon; 03-05-2011, 16:52.

Comment

I think Grainger Games are selling it new for 39 pounds as well. Steep.

I think someone as a promo copy for sale on the sales thread here for 20 quid.

Comment

I think John is after the PS3 version though, the sales thread one is the xbox version.

Comment

Working...
                          X