Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tron licensed peripherals

Hi all,

I've bought all the Thrustmaster Tron stuff that's made it to the UK but I'm a bit miffed that the PDP controllers have never made it here, and now it looks like stock's thinning out in the US. Rather stupidly, I've been waiting for them to be officially released here but it looks like that's never going to happen. Outside of eBay, anyone know of a US retailer I can get them from? Out of stock at the usual suspects. I can find Wiimotes but I'm really after the 360 wired controller.

VG+ Have the PS3 controller in stock $49.99

Also a real nice Collectors Ed of the game with Light Cycle fig shame we never saw that over here to grab on the cheap.
    Sorry you said 360 controller DOH
    Haven't been able to find that one myself, wouldn't mind grabbing one but ebay is expensive and the CLU pad is ultra rare too.

Comment

Yeah, the CLU one is a bit of a joke and well beyond what I'm wiling to pay. Saying that, the wired 360 pad is getting on for stupid money now as well. I'm gutted I waited and assumed someone would release them here. Ah well, I'll get the wiimote before it starts to get scarce and bite the bullet on the 360 pad and pay eBay prices. It's annoying, you can't even buy them direct from PDP anymore.

Comment

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8357197 $40 any good?

Was thinking of getting one too, but do I really want a wired controller? Is there any must have merchandise out there? I like the look of the Sam/lightcycle hottoys figure but it's over £200!
        Last edited by megatron; 01-01-2011, 18:00.

Comment

I love these controllers and have had to show real restraint not buying them. Bizarrely, most of the Tron merchandise seems like a real pain in the ass to get.

If you're looking to spend loads of money, Monster Cables have some lovely Tron headphones and, even better, a gorgeous disc iPod dock - http://www.tronbymonster.com/ If you come to terms with spending all that money on overpriced gear, well, you're out of luck at the moment - there's no stock. Weird...

The likes of those Hot Toys lightcycle, I wouldn't even look at. There's clearly a market for them and they do look great but they're so expensive it's quite ridiculous.

But I'm even having trouble on the cheap end of the Tron merchandise. I want to buy the little diecast lightcycles and I'm having real trouble tracking them down. There are a few nice Tron Kubricks that I'll probably pick up though.

Comment

I suppose it's ok if you look at the high end stuff as an investment, but that means keeping it MIB and in the loft somewhere instead of displaying it in a cabinet.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not one for keeping things MIB so I can't really use the investment justification. Still, nothing wrong with the odd splashing out on something really cool. I must admit, I came very close to buying that expensive iPod dock (which is how I found out they didn't have any).

Comment

I really wanted to pick up the 360 one but the second I looked about for stock everywhere said out of stock. Then I also read a bad review for them on amazon and it kinda put me off it in the end. Would be a lovely thing to use if it wasn't wired

Comment

Originally posted by megatron View Post
                  BOUGHT! Thanks a lot! Haven't bought from CD Universe for a while, I'm amazed they're still going.

I'm not buying any of this stuff to use, it's going with all my other Tron guff.

Speaking of the stuff at the lower end, I'm after the deluxe Sam Flynn ID disc but it's only out in the states at the mo. My local toy store seems to have no shortage of the diecast models - I've only picked up the recogniser and light cycle at the mo. Next up is Kevin Flynn's lightcycle.
                  Last edited by anephric; 01-01-2011, 19:29.

Comment

Don't suppose your local toy store is one that has an online site?

Got a good Tron collection then?

Comment

It has its moments. There's two toy stores near me, an Entertainer and Toy Planet, both in Westfield Derby. Both have got pretty much all the Tron toy stuff released so far, although we've only had Series 1 of the Spinmaster stuff in the UK, in the US they're on Series 2.

I'm surprised that Toys R Us had bugger all in the last time I went.

Comment

Sure this dude on amazon ships to europe for the deluxe ID Disc. $25.99

Wouldn't mind a full size FX style replica of an ID Disc, would be ALL OVER that.
                        May grab the deluxe one to keep me going.

Comment

This is what seems odd - Entertainer's online store has none of the diecast toys listed. M-m-m-m-mental. And, yes, Toys R Us seem to have almost nothing here. Even Hamleys here in Dublin just had the Flynn Lightcycle, Sam's Lightcycle and a couple of figures. Nothing else. None of the diecast.

Comment

I hate you people...I needed a new Xbox 360 wired controller so on seeing this thread couldn't resist the Tron one. It's arrived today and I'm very impressed, it looks great.

John

Comment

How do the 360 Tron controller compare to the official MS ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X