best portable harvest moon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best portable harvest moon?

Fancied some new year farming! What a minefield, there seems a million harvest moon games for DS/PSP.

Anyone got any particular favourites/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

For DS/PSP, no, but I'm certain you've got a GBA. I'm still yet to play a more compelling HM game than Friends of Mineral Town

Comment

Cheers, will track it down!

Comment

Well the gameboy color one is my favourite but, agreed, friends of mineral town is the best ds one.

Comment

Friends of mineral town is amazong

Comment

Harvest Moon Boy & Girl. It's the PSOne version on the PSP.

Comment

Can I go against the grain slightly and say Rune Factory?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Can I go against the grain slightly and say Rune Factory?
                If someone says "no," will you edit?

I wouldn't mind hearing about this, actually. Do you actually still run a farm? Doesn't the farming suffer, if so, at the hands of more standard RPG fare?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  I wouldn't mind hearing about this, actually. Do you actually still run a farm? Doesn't the farming suffer, if so, at the hands of more standard RPG fare?
                  It's quite neat how the farming and RPG elements feed into each other. Farming gives you money for equipment to go into dungeons, and the dungeons let you capture monsters that either help out on the farm (like sprites in the other games) or which take the place of cattle, sheep and so on. Also, you have plots of land within the dungeons to cultivate that produce healing items to help you get further in.

I've not played the sequel, but I heard it's not as good as the first. The Wii game is also pretty good, though.

Comment

The first Rune Factory is good, the second isn't quite so fun and just didn't stick with me, but the third is back on form.

The Wii one is on par with the first DS game.

Comment

I love the GBC ones most, but the GBA one has much more to do in it.

Comment

I must agree that Rune Factory is definitely worth looking into, it's a great little series that has captivated me for a good few hours when travelling.

It's a shame really that the DS led Harvest Moon to go downhill, snes version ftw

Comment

A NEW CHALLENGER!

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, the PSone version, is coming out on the US PSN this week.

Comment

That's the best portable version if you have a psp

Comment

Working...
                            X