• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad iPhone - Battle Squadron ONE

Hi Everyone

Here is the youtube showing Battle Squadron ONE on the iPad

http://cope-com.com/2011/01/04/live-...ame-completed/

The game itself of Battle Squadron ONE has now been 100% completed. To celebrate this and the New Year 2011 we have put together a demo of the iPad version.

After much hard work the game itself has been entirely converted and is fully playable from beginning to end with all levels and enemies, incl. the bosses. Now all the remains to be converted are the "in between scenes", menus, intro, and special graphics effects and sounds.

In our opinion the game looks truly great on the large screen of the iPad, so check out the YouTube video and see for yourself ;-)

So watch out for Battle Squadron ONE on iPhone and iPad in App Store... very soon!

Happy New year :-)
    Last edited by charlesr; 06-01-2011, 08:30.

Looks oldschool but good. Used to have this for the MD back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
      Looks oldschool but good. Used to have this for the MD back in the day
      Thanx, and you're right.
      Although this version for iPhone/iPad/Android is the original and from the more praised Amiga computer, which are by many regarded as much more fun and easier than the converted and tougher Mega Drive version.

Comment

Battle Squadron and Hybris were two of my favourite games on the Amiga.

Programmed by Torben Larsen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
          Battle Squadron and Hybris were two of my favourite games on the Amiga.

Programmed by Torben Larsen.
          thanx, although a small correction. I did the graphics and was in on alot of the tech sprites issues, but Martin Pedersen did the main coding

Comment

This is now available

Comment

Anyone got this yet? Does it have controls like Cave's iOS titles?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Anyone got this yet? Does it have controls like Cave's iOS titles?
                Hi
                And yes it does and in a soon to update version 2.0 the touch schemes work even better. Besides fast and slick touch controls the game also feature enhanced tilt controls and virtual joypad optional with fling.

During late spring and early summer the game went through a series of heavy beta-testing with experienced gamers to perfect the controls mechanics for optimal gaming experience.

Last edited by Torben Larsen; 14-10-2011, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Torben Larsen View Post
                  thanx, although a small correction. I did the graphics and was in on alot of the tech sprites issues, but Martin Pedersen did the main coding
                  Which one of you will be adding iCade compatability?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                    Which one of you will be adding iCade compatability?
                    According to Martin Pedersen the coder, iCade support will come around sometime right after update version 2.0, which is just around the corner.

Version 2.0 will feature:
                    Multiplayer
                    Enhanced controls
                    Game Center extentions
                    pre-game animations
                    And a cool special feature...

Comment

Never played the original but I bought this anyway to support this kind of release. And I have to say it's a really cool game, I love the music especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                        Never played the original but I bought this anyway to support this kind of release. And I have to say it's a really cool game, I love the music especially.
                        Thanks Sane, that's awesome to hear. I think you will love the coming update version 2.0
                        Last edited by Torben Larsen; 14-10-2011, 17:05.

Comment

Think I might pick this one up. Been quite tempted by the iCade and this might be enough to make me splash out.

Comment

If anyone wants an iCade the cheapest is from "Iwantoneofthose". I have been emailed a code for ?8 off a ?40 spend, not sure if it will work once or more but at least one of you will get the discount

Its - 8OFF40

Comment

Working...
                            X