Help me trace an old Neo Geo game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me trace an old Neo Geo game!

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this vs beatemup/wrestling arcade game I used to play with friends back in the 90s. I'm 90% sure it was a neo geo game and I think it was 4 player. All I can remember for sure is that one of the chartacers was a dragon or lizard guy and one move involved grabbing someone and jumping over the moon before plumetting back down into the ring and ruining their day

Every 6 months or so I have a quick google and end up with nothing - any ideas?

Theres only one wrestling game on the neo as such and it features all human characters - '3 count bout'

Theres no 4 player games either - it could be King of the Monsters, 1 or 2.

Comment

King of the Monsters 1 or 2?

Part 1 of 5 of one credit complete of the classic King of the MonstersDEFAULT SETTINGSPlayer: VidarX

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It wasn't king of the monsters, the fighting was in a ring. Maybe it wasn't a Neo Geo game at all! - although i'm sure it shared a cabinet with Fatal Fury. It may of been two player. Sorry, i'm not being much use - most of the braincells I had back then were lost in a misspent adolescence. It definitely existed, I know that.

Can anyone think of any wrestling games featuring a dragon from this period?

Comment

It's not Muscle Bomber/Duo/Super Muscle Bomber?

Not that there are any dragons in it mind you...

Comment

World Heroes series? That featured rings and various 'hazard' stages.

Comment

I can't help you much because I also don't know its name, but I think I've played that as well... It was definitely played inside a ring and the creatures were inspired on mithology. I remember playing a minotaur whose 'special move' consisted in throwing the opponent into the air, followed by jumping to impale him in its horns. Good stuff! It played some digitized speech when that happened.

Comment

I believe the game you're after is a Megadrive title called Beast Warriors (Beast Wrestler outside Japan).

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                  I can't help you much because I also don't know its name, but I think I've played that as well... It was definitely played inside a ring and the creatures were inspired on mithology. I remember playing a minotaur whose 'special move' consisted in throwing the opponent into the air, followed by jumping to impale him in its horns. Good stuff! It played some digitized speech when that happened.
                  Yes! I rember the digitised speach. One of the guys said something that sounded like 'brain to me'!!! in a weird Starscream like voice when he pulled off his special move.

//edit. Found it!

Behold, Mutant Fighter/Death Brade:

Woo! Cheers, Deuteros - I wouldn't have found it otherwise

Thanks to everyone else too for the suggestions.
                  Last edited by H-Man; 11-01-2011, 19:52.

Comment

Primal rage? Killer Instinct?

Comment

Your search skills are better than mine, I couldn't find it. Seeing that video sure brings back memories!

I never could quite understand what the minotaur said, though, and I still can't... 'Feel all forty of my horns'? 'Feel the horny of my horns'... You never know when it comes to engrish, stranger things have happened

Comment

Working...
                      X