Gemini Rue - Old-School, Indie, Sci-fi, Point & Click Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemini Rue - Old-School, Indie, Sci-fi, Point & Click Adventure

Just saw this game for the first time a minute ago and wow, I was interested immediately! YouTube video says this'll be out February 24th, go put up your pre-orders dark adventure game lovers!

Features:
    • Over 60 hand-drawn backgrounds
    • A moody, film noir atmosphere
    • Control both Azriel and Delta-Six
    • An innovative investigation system
    • A gripping sci-fi mystery
    • DVD-style commentary track
    $14.99 Download
    $24.99 Collector's CD box (free shipping)

Last edited by Guts; 14-01-2011, 14:22.

Bloody hell, that looks amazing!

Comment

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, thanks for the heads up!

I'm not sure if it's the hand-drawn backgrounds or the walking animation but it looks like it was actually made in the nineties, and I mean that in a good way. It looks as though someone found an unreleased point & click made during their golden era.

Comment

It's taken them over 2 years to make this with AGS (Adventure Game Studio) absolutely fantastic stuff.

Does look all sorts of awesome and it looked awesome last year at IGF, as Boryokudan Rue

Comment

Had forgotten about this wee baby, fired up the demo (there is a demo on the site above) and loved it, just bought the game.
          Will maybe get a first play going if it downloads this week, going so slow!
          Anyone buy it?

Comment

Darn, no Mac version!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Had forgotten about this wee baby, fired up the demo (there is a demo on the site above) and loved it, just bought the game.
              Will maybe get a first play going if it downloads this week, going so slow!
              Anyone buy it?
              I haven't bought this yet as I have way too many games going at the moment, but will definitely check out the demo and if it gives me good vibes I'll purchase it at some point. It would be nice to read some impressions from a first play too.

Comment

Love the look of this. It really reminds me of Operation Stealth and the other Delphine stuff.

Comment

If anyone needs any more convincing, IGN PC review gave it 9/10.

Comment

Does anyone know how big the full purchased game for download is?

Might be tempted to buy my first downloaded game... But will need to download it somewhere where I can get a faster connection than at home...

Does looks great though... Might be just what I need for the Easter break

Comment

Aye, pretty sure it was 267mb.

Comment

Thanks Family Fry! I can manage that on my snail's pace TINternet connection. Will get on this this weekend!

Jus hope my out of date PC can run it

Comment

Working...
                        X