X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best gaming ideas

looking for ideas in games or systems that you thought were genius

two from me

prince of persia sands of time...the whole rewinding time process i thought was genius removed the frustration but still kept the challenged

think it was micro machines 2 for the megadrive which had two controller ports built into the cart i thought that was great

A more recent one for me and console gaming was Halo 3s file share, being able to take screenshots, map variants and film clips to share was a great idea. Should be used more in MP gaming.

Comment

I am not a huge MP gamer these days, but good friends list integration on scoring games is something I am a fan of - Geometry Wars 2, Pinball FX 2, and to a lesser extent Pac-Man CE DX all being good examples of this.

Comment

Instant restarts for score-based modes and being able to repeat a stage endlessly in practice mode are good ideas for shooters.

Hardware-wise, VGA support from the DC and 360 have been most welcome. I can't understand why Sony didn't include it from the PS2 onwards. That my Micomsoft PCE joystick also functions as a multitap was a stroke of genius too. In fact, that stick also has a switchable 4-way or 8-way gate. Great for things like R-Type and Batman:

Comment

Wii and DS/DSi etc - Nintendo selling gaming to the non-gaming demographic.

Comment

The parrying system in Street Fighter 3.

Shaq-Fu.

Comment

The PC-as-boss mechanic in Demon's Souls.
              The view-other-PC deaths mechanic in Demon's Souls
              The leave-tips-for-other-players mechanic in Demon's Souls

... a pattern emerges

Comment

so the best gaming idea is.....demon souls Lol

Comment

Lol, I just saw a lot of new ideas in that game. To most devs online gaming means co-op, competetive and leaderboards. Demon's Souls used the online ability to try new things, all of which surprised me at the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X