Under/Rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Modellista.

So many people never gave it a chance, but it was one of my favourite PS2 games.

Comment

Live a live: download the fan translation rom, it's one of squares best! Never released outside japan i believe. Stunning game espescially the kung fu and sci fi chapters. You don't really fight anyone in the sci fi bit but it's very creepy and all done using square's snes top down aesthetic. Amazing game!

Comment

I'm not sure why Wind Waker gets so many haters. Its absolutely amazing.
        Not sure its quite underated, as it gets recognition, Remains one of my all time favourite games.

Comment

The stupid triforce/tingle bit lets it down.

Comment

Comment

Reviewed well but seemed to perform poorly and now quite forgotten about, Excitebike 64

Comment

Mickeys Speedway USA!

Comment

That Mickey game looks pretty good. Really smooth visuals and I like the music.

Comment

Rare did a pretty decent job with it. It's not as good as Diddy Kong Racing, it's much simpler more along the lines of Super Mario Kart with the collectable coins that speed you up but it was good fun and very overlooked even back then.

Comment

Snowboard Kids

Epically simple yet strangely fun

Comment

In honour of the Red Seed Profile love in that's still going on in the First Play thread it's a little reminder about it's predecessor-of-sorts

Spy Fiction

Comment

Never heard of spy fiction, a quick google search brought up average ereviews, but the video you posted looks interesting...

As Ive never seen the game before, im assuming it would be impossible to find in the pre owned section of game, no?

Comment

I was thinking how much I enjoyed Total Overdose on the Xbox (also available on PS2). It never got much critical recognition but it was a blend of Max Payne, GTA and Tony Hawks with a Mexican flavour. It sounds like a disaster but I it was a lot of fun and any technical limitations were soon forgotton. It featured a GTA structure but with the emphisis on slow motion gunplay and creating combos with the various kills, much like Stranglehold/Wet does.

I think I still have a copy of this so will play and report back. Also to anyone trying it persevere with the first level as it isn't representitive of the game as a whole.

Last edited by Skull Commander; 05-04-2011, 14:22.

Comment

I remember hearing decent things about Total Overdose but never got around to properly trying it.

Spy Fiction seems to be quite easy to get hold of. Amazon has a few in stock but the cheap option seems to be CEX's website which has a few in for the princely sum of ?2.50

Comment

I'm playing through Spy Fiction at the minute. It could be that Red Seeds has coloured my impressions somewhat, but I'm actually massively enjoying it.

Wonky charm and humour in great measure, and much like Red Seeds, it's all about slowly taking in each environment and soaking up all the little details. Some of the gadgets are hilarious.

At ?2.50, it's a must. The more people playing through it here, teh better!!!!11

Comment

Working...
                                X